LME in the fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhochman

Reaction score
Just received a package from Northern Brewer with a recipe kit. Not sure if I'll be able to brew this weekend or next. The kit contains two bottles of LME (not the canned kind, but the fresh kind). Am I supposed to store this in the fridge, or is it ok at room temp until I can brew? Thanks!:mug:

Just received a package from Northern Brewer with a recipe kit. Not sure if I'll be able to brew this weekend or next. The kit contains two bottles of LME (not the canned kind, but the fresh kind). Am I supposed to store this in the fridge, or is it ok at room temp until I can brew? Thanks!:mug:

I don't think you need to put it in the fridge.

Just like the grocery store and vegetables. If you buy it cold, keep it cold. If you buy it at room temp. store at room temp.

Now, go get those tomatoes out of the fridge.

I don't think you need to put it in the fridge.

Just like the grocery store and vegetables. If you buy it cold, keep it cold. If you buy it at room temp. store at room temp.

Now, go get those tomatoes out of the fridge.

I don't even like tomatoes. But thanks!

Actually, I would recommend keeping it in the fridge. It will lessen the likelihood of mold growing on the LME. If it's only a couple of weeks, it may not be a big deal, but if longer, I definitely would.

I freeze mine when storing for extended periods.

Someone here was saying they keep it at room temp and put a little vodka on top (Everclear would work as well) to inhibit mould growth.

Either way you will be fine at room temperature for the length of time you are talking about.

Latest posts

Back