applewine sauce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Deathweed

Reaction score
1 (12oz) bottle applewine
1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Put all ingredients in a skillet and simmer until it becomes thick and syrupy. Serve over vanilla ice cream.

I have made this for my wife and several dinner guests, and it has always been received with looks of ecstasy. It is quite simple, and quite good, so I hope you all enjoy!

Ive done both. It is great hot, but I will store leftovers in the fridge to drizzle on ice cream through out the week.

with that recipe, how many people's dishes can you cover? I've got some apfelwein ready for bottling and will most likely try this this summer with some friends.

you should be able to lightly cover 4 dishes with the above, but you can use more brown sugar to increase your volume. I made this last night and probably used close to 3/4 cup so I would not have to simmer as long. The apple flavor was not quite as strong as previous batches but it is still quite good.

Back