Anyone know what this is???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppinburgh

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397412000.213378.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1397412012.738192.jpgive brewed close to 100 gallons so far and I've never seen this??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hop oil film with what looks like beetle larva. Another guy just showed that earlier in the week. Possibly from grains?

Lol looks like some of the bugs I see in the ocean... Lol 😀

Cheers!

They look like the little things in oranges. Did you add any oranges/lemons?

Using deductive logic I have concluded the following.

You most likely live by a nuclear facility and your yeast have mutated. No longer content with feeding on the sugar we provide, they have chosen to evolve. Equipped with antenna, mandibles, and quite possibly talons. The worlds sugar reserves are now in danger and you should kill those little buggers before we have an epidemic on our hands.

Dad-gummit. Lost my reply.

Looks similar to the frut flies that were in someones beer bottles earlier (last week?). How did/does your beer smell/taste? vinegary? fine? if it tastes okay, just rack off the little buggers and keep an eye on your bottles (in a container that will contain bottle bombs if they happen.

I love the OT jokes, but lets be nice, we are in the beginners section yaknow.
So, how does it taste? Did you wind up turning into a newt?

Dad-gummit. Lost my reply.

Looks similar to the frut flies that were in someones beer bottles earlier (last week?). How did/does your beer smell/taste? vinegary? fine? if it tastes okay, just rack off the little buggers and keep an eye on your bottles (in a container that will contain bottle bombs if they happen.

I love the OT jokes, but lets be nice, we are in the beginners section yaknow.
So, how does it taste? Did you wind up turning into a newt?

True.

OP what was your recipe and what equipment did you use in your brewing. Without much better pics, I think we are all just shooting in the dark. Those things could be ANYTHING.

I'm going with grain husks or something like it. Insects would be more uniform in shape. These are pretty irregular in shape and size. Although, cast-off pupal cases of grain moth or mealworm larvae can also give this appearance. If you want you can mail me a sample in some kind of vial where they won't get damaged and I'll put them under the microscope. PM for the address.

I vote grain husks.... I feel like larvae would be moving/twitching around, plus like someone else said they aren't uniform.

I'm subscribing to this Cus I wanna know also... I like the microscope idea or at the very least rack a couple off and zoom on with a camera... Mabee over a peice of glass for light and contrast...

*I usually flush all my floaters JK

Well... If nothing else this has been a fun post.

Turns out it was pulp. Not sure why I didn't think about it until someone mentioned the orange. I just opened the top and panicked!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back