time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehh crap here we go again.

images-3.jpeg

I'm currently sparging my first Berliner weisse. 15 min boil cool to 100 and pitch some bugs. I hope I'm done before the baby wakes up!

I'm currently sparging my first Berliner weisse. 15 min boil cool to 100 and pitch some bugs. I hope I'm done before the baby wakes up!

Awesome! Just finished my first keg of Berliner Weisse doing a sour-wort technique as well! Turned out pretty darn good and EXTREMELY tart! I sour-worted for 48 hours. Just started carbing the last 3 gallons which I spontaneously fermented and let stand for ~3.5 months. Pellicle had fallen when I racked it. I'm expecting either a grossly horrific or wonderfully amazing beer. I have not taken any samples whatsoever. I'm very frightened of this beer. :ban:

BTW, I hope the sparge went well without the bambin(o/a) waking!

Ive just ordered ingredients for my first sour as well. It's going to start as a Belgian golden strong, then it's going onto 4 lbs of cherries, 2 lbs of dark syrup which will hopefully be enough to make it black, and a pack of Roselare. Sours are too expensive to not make yourself.

Ok, it seems like no one wants to guess. So I'll give this hint. It includes a fruit, a base malt and 1 unusual adjunct.

I guessed and got no feedback. :p

Pumpkin Rhubarb ale (is rhubarb actually a fruit? I'd say no on second thought...)

No to the fruits and the adjunct! The fruit used is very mild in the flavor it lends to the beer.... The color not so much.

No beet, no imperial. Sorry. Next hint: the adjunct is often used in gluten free brewing.

Since we are all on the sour brewing kick, here is my Berliner weisse, at about 22 hours. Gonna throw in some San Diego super ale yeast at 48 hours. I used the acidophilus pill suggested in that other thread (berliner weisse) I've seen a few of you on.

image-4043695026.jpg

Honey raspberry wheat? It's probably the beer referenced in your Recipe dropdown though... Pics look very similar...

Back