What are you brewing this week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpilot

Reaction score
I am in the middle of my Raspberry Ale boil.... 7lbs Maris Otter and 1.5 oz Fuggles.. smells superb. Have to give the wife credit, she is letting me do this while she is at home today with nothing else to do...
The ferment room is at exactly 66F, everything is ready to receive this sweet mellow wort ;)

Brewpilot

I have not brewed for quite some time now so I am trying to build up my beer collection again. Hopefully this week I will be starting my Hop Knot and kegging my Christmas Porter. Also have to clean the kegerator in preparation for full production again :mug:

I have a very simple recipe thrown together. Basically I just want to see how Simcoe and Amarillos work together before I start to refine this recipe.

If I get everything kegged up this weekend, I'm going to brew another hefeweissen and a melomel. I've got 5 gallons of hefe sitting in my basement that I've been dying to drink since July.

Cheesefood said:
If I get everything kegged up this weekend, I'm going to brew another hefeweissen and a melomel. I've got 5 gallons of hefe sitting in my basement that I've been dying to drink since July.

since July??? omg, thats going to be good. :mug:

Pale ale. Terry Foster's Original Pale Ale recipe...

All Maris Otter malt. I modified it a bit and threw some Williamette pellets in because I ran out of Goldings pellets for bittering. I threw it in a 12 gallon carboy, and the fermentation popped the stopper off. Lucky meI woke up early and caught it while the Krausen was still spilling over, so I doubt that I got any contamination. 1.085 OG.

A red ale. I have the grains and hops and yeast, but I don't know if I'll get to it this week. Maybe Saturday. I'll be shooting for an OG of 1.070.

I might be doing my porter/swartzbier experiment, depends on deliveries and the weather.

Hope to start Octoberfest on Friday, Spaten clone. Starter is already done. No grains yet. Lorena, could you share Redhook ESB recipe, I thought I may give it a try someday when I don't have enough space for a lager in my frige.

I have the Raspberry Ale in the carboy now, pitched 11g of rehydrated Nottingham at about 2:30pm and had airlock activity by 8:30pm the same day. Looks light, REALLY light, below are the stats.

7 lbs of Maris Otter
Mashed at 150F for an hour
Mashout at 170F for 15 minutes
Sparge water was 170F
Initial runoff was 1.053
Final Runoff was 1.011
Total Runoff was 6.2 gallons @ 1.032

Boiled for 70 minutes
.5 oz Fuggles pellets @ 60 min
1 tsp. Irish moss @ 15 min
1 oz Fuggles pellets @ 0 min

Final gravity was 1.042 @ 68F with 5.25 gallons

Rehydrated 11g of Nottingham by Danstar in 88F water for 15 min. Infused with .5 oz of cooled wort at 5 minute intervals thereafter (4x). Pitched yeast at 68F with airlock activity beginning within 6 hours.

Next step, a week or so from now I am going to transfer into the secondary onto 2 lbs of pateurized raspberry mush! MMMMM

Brewpilot

Right now I'm gathering ingredients to brew an Obsidian Stout Clone this weekend.

Wild

AdIn said:
Hope to start Octoberfest on Friday, Spaten clone. Starter is already done. No grains yet. Lorena, could you share Redhook ESB recipe, I thought I may give it a try someday when I don't have enough space for a lager in my frige.

Sure! I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good to me. It's extract, though- you'd have to convert to all-grain or partial mash.

Redhook ESB

6 lbs. Light LME
1 lb. light DME
1 lb. Crystal 60L

1 oz Willamette 60 mins
1 oz Tettnanger 60 mins

1 oz Willamette 20 mins

1 oz Tettnanger 2 mins.

I'm using the pacman yeast cake, so I'll let you all know how this turned out.

Lorena

Found out that we're babysitting our niece (8 months old) this weekend, so I don't even know if I'll be able to keg the beers I have on-hand.

Did the Simcoe-Amarillo Pale last night. 53 IBUs and tasted and smell sooo good when I racked. I used Wyeast 1272 American Ale II starter from last week. Pitched at 9 last night and had 1 bubble per second this morning when I left for work. Minimal trubb, and great color.

Sorry Im rambling, but it was jsut an all around great brew session last night. Funny how that just puts you in a great mood.

This weekend is my first try at AG.

Santa Maria's Maiden Voyage
(American Pale Ale)

Grains
9.0 # 2-row
1.0 # munich
1.0 # victory
0.5 # crystal 20L
0.5 # carapils
(estimated OG = 1.057)

Hops
0.50 oz Columbus (16.8%) / 60min
0.75 oz Columbus (16.8%)/ 15min
1.00 oz COlumbus (16.8%)/ dry hop
(estimated IBU = 46)

Yeast
1056 American Ale

Brewed an ephemere cassis clone and a fuller's esb clone on friday. brewed a smoked porter last night. There's 3 of my 4 primaries occupado right there. I think I'll be taking a little bit of a break for a week or two.

BTW, I am lagering my winter warmer right now, and I took it out last night so that I could use my lagerator to chill the porter once it was in the carboy. While it was out, I snuck a taste with my thief. Holy CRAP! I've never mixed lager and ale yeasts before, but I gotta say, this is already one HELL of a great brew! It's only been cold-conditioning for a few weeks now, but damn...I'm tempted to bottle now, given how good it tasted last night.

I will be shooting for my first AG batch this weekend and Cheese, congrats, your recipe has won in the household voting that i did. Carmel cream ale.

Has anyone tried the ag version yet to see if it is just as good?

Reverend

Got a British Brown in my .7 gallon carboy. Ready to dring on December 15. Trying to get close to a New Castle style. Will be starting my first American Pale Ale on Nov 17th! Will be ready to drink by Neww Years Eve.

o2

Didn't brew tonight but just kegged the Hopocalypse Now Double IPA. Wow, This thing is a hop monster! OG: 1.098 Dry hopped with Columbus, Centennial and Simcoe. This is my 15th Anniversary Beer. I'll tap it at my party on December 9.

I'm brewing a basic stout at the GRABASS grabassing:

Old Blood and Guts

A ProMash Brewing Session - Recipe Details Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 5.50 Wort Size (Gal): 5.50
Total Grain (Lbs): 11.13
Anticipated OG: 1.049 Plato: 12.14
Anticipated SRM: 28.8
Anticipated IBU: 47.0
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
18.0 2.00 lbs. Flaked Barley America 1.032 2
71.9 8.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
10.1 1.13 lbs. Roasted Barley Great Britain 1.029 350

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
76.00 g. Goldings - E.K. Whole 5.00 47.0 60 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 1084 Irish Ale

I just tried a Palmer's perfect porter for my second ever effort this weekend. With 3 1/2 pounds of grain and 6.6 pounds of malt extract I'm hoping for a truely flavorfull batch. Keep you fingers crossed. My maiden red ale was transferred to my secondary Friday.

Jus made another red ale. Can't wait to pour the first glass from this batch!

Brewed a pumpkin ale two weeks ago, a little on the darker side. I can't wait!

We brewed 2 batches last weekend (a 5gal CanadianAle from a kit and a 3gal no-boil Brewfirm kit)that we'll rack to 2ndary first and then we're hoping to brew our 2nd AG,DeerBrownAle(our own recipe...see DeerBrownAle in recipe forum) and a custom brew made with a Coopers Australia Lager 5gal no-boil kit that we're gonna boil with fresh oven-baked pumpkin and Mexican Cinnamon Chocolate and some other spices and some extra hops and use Safale S-04.We still have to come up with a name for that one.And then all the vessels will be occupied and we can go on with our lives(until the next step).Must....Keep....Pipeline....Full....Can't....Stop....Brewing.....:p ;) (to that end I ordered 150 lbs of grain today!)

Cheers:mug:

glibbidy said:
I brewed up 10 gallons of my California Common on Monday morning. My basement temp has dropped to around 59 F. So I'll likely be migrating over to mostly lagers for the winter.

Your recipe is very similar to my own that I will be brewing...at YOUR house! Assuming everything is still on for the 3rd? We have to figure out how to get everybody and gear up there...

I will be brewing an all-grain ESB this Friday as a Christmas present for my Dad. My sister is going to come up to brew with me for the first time so I am pretty excited. It will be the first bitter I have made as well.

Dang, I wish someone would brew me 5 gallons of beer for Christmas.
It's the gift that keeps on giving - until you run out! That's cool to get the fam involved.

My dad likes good beer but is too cheap to buy it so I figure this way he can get quality beer... for free!

Tomorrow, I'll be brewing my third batch ever. I'm shooting for an American Amber. Though I keep vacillating on the recipe. I'm really tempted to steep some toasted barley with my crystal malt. And I'm seriously thinking about going with DME in lieu of LME. Since my LHBS is somewhat self-serve, I don't want to dork around with their buckets and huge tanks o' syrup. Easier to grab a few bags of DME.

Anyways...

Yeah. That's it. Should be ready to rack by the time I bottle my Light Ale.

Ive gone and done it now.....

Ok, brew schedule starting Monday

1. Fat Tire Clone for the 4th time <------- Kick Ass Beer!!!!!

2. NB's Breakfast Stout click me

3. NB's Rasberry Wheat for SWMBO click me

I may take Monday off and knock two of them out that day. Then save the third for tuesday or wednesday.

Back