2009 Longshot Entries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I being wishful if I think my American Barleywine I entered, The Damned, is the Barleywine in the final 4? :)

I'd like to get my score sheets back either way, the feedback would be welcome.

Am I being wishful if I think my American Barleywine I entered, The Damned, is the Barleywine in the final 4? :)

I'd like to get my score sheets back either way, the feedback would be welcome.
Here are the four finalists for the Longshot.

Best in Show #1: Straight (Unblended) Lambic
Brewer: Jason Roeper

Best in Show #2: Old Ale
Brewer: Michael Robinson

Best in Show: Maibock
Brewer: Ronald Mahan

Best in Show: Barleywine
Brewer: Ben Miller

Oh well better luck to all of us next year, it is after all a longshot!

Here are the four finalists for the Longshot.

Best in Show #1: Straight (Unblended) Lambic
Brewer: Jason Roeper

Best in Show #2: Old Ale
Brewer: Michael Robinson

Best in Show: Maibock
Brewer: Ronald Mahan

Best in Show: Barleywine
Brewer: Ben Miller

Oh well better luck to all of us next year, it is after all a longshot!

How did you find this info out?

I thought about entering until I read the fine print. Did you know they have a line in there that by entering the contest, they now own the rights to your recipe, even if you lose?

You don't submit the recipe to Sam Adams unless you are one of the finalists. No real problems here :)

Still seemed odd to me. I know my recipes aren't world class or anything, and I'm happy to post 'em on here for free, but it just wierded me out.

And congrats, big time!

Found this myself. Sam Adams has finally updated their "winners" page which includes best of class for each region.
Wait a sec, holy ****! My Hopinator IIPA took western regionals IPA category! All I can say is !!!!!
Congrats that's quite an acomplishment! You were one of about 69 beers chosen out of over 1,300 total! At least you were in the running for the finals.

Thanks everyone! Soon as I get my judging sheets back I'll add them to the hopinator recipe page. I wonder if they listed rankings for the BOS runoff...

Thanks everyone! Soon as I get my judging sheets back I'll add them to the hopinator recipe page. I wonder if they listed rankings for the BOS runoff...
Most BOS are an elimination of the top beers by comparing them side by side. There isn't another judging that's done like 1st 2nd and 3rd. Just getting to the BOS is an acomplishment in itself.

Back