Greater Charlotte Area 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len_Andov

Reaction score
Greetings all.

My name is Andov (Anne Dahv) and I live like 20 minutes outside 485 on the Albemarle side.

I'm new to home brewing. Since April 2014 I've made a mead, some ale I forget the name of, a chinook IPA, and an extra pale ale. The extra pale ale I modified slightly.

I'm familiar with the LME/DME kits from northern brewer and alternative beverage. I brew in my kitchen on the electric stove.

I work 55-75 hours a week. I play Diablo3 before bed. I'm starting Tae Kwon Do soon. I also make home made soaps.

I used to play and collect Magic The Gathering since the early 90s. I stopped playing, now I'm selling my collection. My best win was first turn soul burn; final score 40 to -18^43. So yes that is 18 followed by 43 zeros then the decimal /flex hahah. Had to use excel to do the math. I don't even think we have a word for that number yet o_O

My favorite engine was in a deck I called Disciples Of Baal. Back in the old days of Diablo1 on Battlenet there was a clan called (DOB). They would join your game and kill you the resurrect you then kill you again then... Until you closed the game. My deck used ornithopter and enduring renewal plus ashnods altar. Summon for free, sacrifice for two mana, when Orni hits graveyard he returns to my hand... Over and over again :p

...Sigh. But enough of that.

I have a wife and daughter who are totally awesome most of the time.

I'm looking to meet other brewers in my area. I'd be down for some get togethers. What I'd like most is to get some contacts who've been at it a while who can teach me a thing or two. I'd like to learn about wines and kegging next.

I'm not a social media kind of person. I will be active in these forums as long as i don't feel alone at it :p

So who is a hobbyist or professional in this area? What we got goin on around here?

-A-

Back