brew to glass 2 or 3 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemist308

Reaction score
All good things take time, yes. And I've got two great beers fermenting. I imagine I'll be drinking them in 4 to 6 weeks...

But I have a question. Is there any beer recipe out there that would put good beer--even if it's on the light side--in my mug within 2 to 3 weeks of cracking the grain without any forced carbonation? So yes, I'm talking about fermentation time and bottle time combined. What's the fastest brew you know of?

A great witbier can go from ingredients to your belly in under 7 days if you keg. 2 weeks if you bottle.

As for as a witbier, you need wheat for that right? I've only got the standard grains (barleys (US and English), flaked, roasted, oats and crystal malts) on hand. Also got some hops (kent goldings, cascade, perle, and simcoe--enough for a few brews). So, I'm open to any suggestions for quick ones I can throw together for a quick one from those ingredients.

I'm also curious about the milds I read about here--revived milds thread and posted some questions there in the AG forum... If someone can be more specific on how to put one of those together, I'll do it tomorrow because I've got the day off! :)

You can order the grains online from many places. I put this at 3 weeks, but if I make a good starter, get quick activity and the Krausen drops in 7 days...I'm boil to belly in 14.

Recipe Here

As for as a witbier, you need wheat for that right? I've only got the standard grains (barleys (US and English), flaked, roasted, oats and crystal malts) on hand. Also got some hops (kent goldings, cascade, perle, and simcoe--enough for a few brews). So, I'm open to any suggestions for quick ones I can throw together for a quick one from those ingredients.

I'm also curious about the milds I read about here--revived milds thread and posted some questions there in the AG forum... If someone can be more specific on how to put one of those together, I'll do it tomorrow because I've got the day off! :)

in other words, you didn't plan to brew, don't have what you need, but need a beer in 3 weeks for a party?

kolsch is good young too, but 3 weeks is pushing it for a clear beer.

My citrus wheat is pretty damn good after only two weeks in the fermenter, but gets quite yeasty with any less. Figure at least 3 days for adequate carbonation, and that's grain to glass in 2.5 weeks. That is one recipe that just about everyone has liked, if not loved.

Back