Additions before Bottling/Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKsBrew

Reaction score
Quick question for people kegging their brews. When I've bottled my beer in the past I've added a small amount of primer to the bottling bucket, I believe to create the carbination inside the bottles. Now that I'm Kegging, I don't add this primer. I've noticed in some recipes, you are supposed to add some sort of flavor, syrup etc.. in the bottling bucket. If you are going to keg instead of bottle when would you add this "flavor"? Thanks

Add the flavor when you keg the beer. I would start the siphon to the keg, then add the flavor while the siphon is going to be sure it is mixed well (or just shake the keg after sealing).

without seeing the recipes you're talking about I'd guess they are fruit beers taht use syrup insted of real fruit to add 'peach' or 'blueberry' flavor.

add it to the bottling bucket or the keg, tasting as you add it. soem flavors get overboard quickly.

Back