Caribou Slobber FG???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing this one right now. Interestingly enough, I spoke with someone who works at Northern Brewer who was adamant on keeping this one in the primary for 10 days or so, and then bottling and letting it condition in the bottle for an extra week or so (so maybe 3-4 weeks in bottle). He said this beer tends to finish fermenting quickly, and it would essentially condition the same way in the bottle as it would if it stayed in the fermenter. He seems to know this beer inside and out... But to me 10 days seemed early to bottle...

I will say however that my Caribou Slobber seemed to have finished fermenting in about 4 days... OG was 1.051. But I haven't checked the FG yet. I used the Wyeast 1332 smack pack, and it fermented around 66-68 degrees.

So did you bottle after the 10 days in the primary? If so, how did it go?

So did you bottle after the 10 days in the primary? If so, how did it go?

Actually had to let it sit for a few weeks.. The yeast wasn't flocculating, so I kept waiting and waiting. Then I cold crashed for a few days, and finally the yeast dropped. I bottled, waiting a few more weeks, and now it's all good. Tasty!

I brewed a batch of CS on the 6 th of Nov.i racked to secondary on the 10th, and bottled on the 25th. My OG went way over at 1.070 and finished at 1.018. I don't know why it did that but the bear tastes good. I just cracked a bottle and it could use at least another week to 2 weeks to carbonate more. It should be very drinkable by Christmas.

Back