Wrong Burner - Thoughts on this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayabusa

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build my rig and my burners came in today; I had someone order them for me and apparently what I asked them to order and what got ordered are very different. This is what I ended up with 3 of today; they are 100,000 BTU but I have never seen this style before. The claim is you put that metal disk to the side, or over the flame to "spread the flame"

Should I return these or are they ok? I am cautious that they will create a very hot spot in the middle and be subject to scorching but the diffuser plate is supposed to spread the flame. They claim these are the "best" for large 48QT crawfish boils, etc....

Thoughts?

burner.jpg

thats the one i got... seems to do the job... i used the spreader at first but now i don't use it at all. the heat should recirculate the liquid to prevent scorching i'd imagine. i use a 48 qt pot tho. the iron on the burner does get red hot and i'm almost more worried about mine melting the iron before it scorches the liquid in the pot. it seems like the cheaper alternative.

ALthough I don't have one, I have heard the only problem with those jet burners is they sound like a F-16 taking off from an aircraft carrier. Both in tone, and in decibels. I would say keep em, they're 100,000 BTUs which is plenty of heat even for 10g batches.

Back