• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Keezer. Looking for advice on asking price first.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Keezer with 4 Kegs $700 OBO/ Without $600 OBO
Keggles SOLD
Chiller $60 OBO

Local Only. You pick up or if it's within an hour or so, I might be willing to deliver.

If there are no serious offers by Monday September 14th, I will most likely be parting out. If you are potentially interested and don't have all the funds now, we can probably work out a hold until October 1st.
Here is a list of the Keezer pieces and parts (NEW). Most were purchased earlier this year. I know that the corny kegs can be found a bit cheaper, but I will have no issue selling them for $30 each around here.

I would like to keep the tank and primary regulator, but if it's a dealbreaker, I'll buy another one later. Some things like the labor and time, I can't really assign a value to so I left it out. Some things are a bit hard to value as I bought them used.

I didn't realize until now how much money I had put into the thing.

Price Each on Left/Total on Right

Kenmore 8.8 cu ft Freezer 220.00
(4) Perlick Faucets $40.00 ea/ 160.00
(4 ) 3” Shanks $11.99/ 47.84
4 Port Distribution Manifold $60.99/ 60.99
4 Chrome Tailpieces $ .90/ 3.60
Economy CO2 Regulator $41.99/ 41.99
(4) Hex Nuts $ 1.05/ 4.20
(4) Neoprene Washers $ .15/ .60
Bottle Opener $ 5.00/ 5.00
Faucet Wrench $4.50/ 4.50
(4) Corny Kegs and O rings $30.00/ 120.00
Collar/Airlines, Misc Fittings $25.00/ 25.00
Ranco ETC 11100 Temp $75.00/ 75.00
(wired contoller)
10 ¼ “ Barbed MFL swivel Nuts $1.30/ 13.00
(4) Budget Tap Handles $2.00/ 8.00
Stainless Drip Tray $15.00/ 15.00

Total 804.72

With Tank, Main Regulator and Wye Splitter 959.72

Other Items

Bayou Classic SQ-14 $50.00 $25 Used

Another item that will be up for sale will be my DIY (almost) 50' 1/2 copper wort chiller with male fittings. Not sure what I'll be asking for this either, but I'm thinking it's worth around $75.

In the end I'm going to go back to a 10G aluminum pot and run a two tap kegerator in my original keg fridge. So I'm not leaving the brewing scene, just trying to be a bit more realistic.

McK:

Keep in mind that the prices you're showing are for new items. Personally, I'd expect to pay around half of new for used gear, tops. At $400, you may find a brewer willing to part with money to save time on a well thought-out system. Then again, you may have a $400 boat anchor on your hands. You might do better parting it out.

You have to remember, kegerators with Corny parts are a niche item, and lots of us brewers are cheap bastards.

YMMV, my $.02, and all that jazz.

Obviously I'm not going to re-coup the full cost, but I'd like to get a fair value for it. I feel that I am dealing with nearly new equipment here, so de-valuing by $50% seems a bit much for me.

I'll let this thread run another day or so and then I'll make a decision and offer a price. If no one wants to bite here, I'll offer it up somewhere elese.

Sorry you're downsizing Jess...but I can understand the need.

I'm going to guess not, but any chance you'd break it up? Or are you dead set on selling it as a package? Sometimes it's easier to sell these things individually, but you may find a local that just wants to throw down some cash and be done with the process.

If you break it up, let me know, I may be interested in a few items.

Sorry you're downsizing Jess...but I can understand the need.

I'm going to guess not, but any chance you'd break it up? Or are you dead set on selling it as a package? Sometimes it's easier to sell these things individually, but you may find a local that just wants to throw down some cash and be done with the process.

If you break it up, let me know, I may be interested in a few items.

I'm going to try to sell it as a whole first Brian, but if not then it will be in pieces. I might do better selling it that way anyhow.

I think with the smaller (more shipping friendly) items, you have a larger market and could potentially get more out of the item. With the full keezer system that I did not want to part out, I would start wrapping my mind around the 50% starting price. It will sting, and there may be a local, compassionate, homebrewer that would pay a little more, but times are tough. I would think you could get more back by parting out and selling the chest freezer on craigs list.

I would say about the same for the chiller too. Chances are you bought the copper when prices were higher. I have not been in the market for any copper recently, but I know it has come down significantly, to the point where my electrician buddy said there are less job site break ins by scrap thieves.

Good luck to you man.

I've done numbers in regards to parting it out, and if I don't get a bite in a few days, then I'll consider it.

As far as the keggles go, do you think I'm being reasonable?

I bought a brand new really well made 1/2" 50' ic on ebay for $85 shipped. So I would say $40-$60 for a used one.
Keggles and burner $225
For the keezer I would say $500-$600 w/ everything.

I would try to sell the keggles, burner and ic together, and offer keezer seperately. If someone wants everything they will tell you.
I wouldn't bother breaking up the keezer, someone will buy it, if priced right.

I'll bet you could get 450 for the kegerator alone. I would sell the cornies separately. As for your keg kettles, I think your price of 100 bucks each with all the fittings is reasonable. Just be patient and get what it is worth.

someone who knows what they're looking at will jump at that kegerator at some point. You won't get 800 for it. That's just how used stuff goes, but I do think you could get 450 for it no problem.

$450-$550 is about all you will get for the keezer I am afraid.

$80-100 (depending if there are brass of stainless ball valves) each for a converted keggle with Bobby's sight glass is a good deal though, if you were local, I would be in my car, on my way over, and would take that turky fryer for $25 also.

Too bad you not on this coast, cuz I'd plunk down 500 for the keezer (with everything i.e tank etc)

IMGP5848.jpg

IMGP5850.jpg

Might have a couple interested parties. Still waiting for someone to jump on board.

I'm going to set the asking price @ $600 without cornies. $700 with.

Always some room for negotiation.

The two keggles are $100 firm.

Burner $25

Chiller $60

Semi-Local Offers only. No Shipping.

I'll give it through the weekend and if no serious interest I'll be parting out.

A couple forum members have expressed interest in various components, they will have first dibs on anything.

Thanks for your interest.

I'd definitely be willing to accept a few things to lower the cost as well.

Looking for a 10G medium gauge aluminum brewpot.

25' Immersion chiller

and......

4 (preferably 5)
Cragar Soft 8 or Black Rock 997 17x8" rims 5x5 bolt pattern with 4.5" backspacing.

(Not brewing related, but you never know).

The kettle with the sight glass went for $100, sold the other one for $80. Probably the only thing out of the lot I'll actually make money on.

I might just end up keeping the keezer.

Latest posts

Back