National Homebrew Day! Your Plans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopjedi

Reaction score
Well, it figures.
National Home Brew Day just happens to be on my sons First Communion day.
Or vice versa.
No chance of getting over to the LHBS to partake in any of their activities.
The name of the store is Adventures in Home Brewing and I believe they are having a BBQ, and brewers there, brewing some recipes and serving samples of others throughout the day.
Figures.
My first batch isn't even in bottles yet either, so I can't even enjoy one when we get home from the hall, as the LHBS will be closing by then.
The hall we have does not allow alcohol being served either.
Figures.

Very much looking forward to my sons big day, but was hoping to make my way there after hall, to partake in some brewing and sampling.
Hope your day allows a bit more time to enjoy the hobby.

I'll be at a soccer tournement out of town all weekend.

Bummer--I really need to brew...the last batch I brewed has been bottle conditioning over two weeks now: I really need to start filling up that pipeline!

Hey Hopjedi,

Whereabouts in Dearborn Heights? I grew up in Dearborn--near the corner of Telegraph and Carlisle. (A long time ago.)

I am actually heading down to my LHBS on Sat for NHBD. They are having brats, yeah Wisconsin, and beer and and they want people to brew there so we can use there water.

Im taking Friday off and brewing a 25 gallon batch of Rye IPA. Im going to be fishing on National Homebrew Day....

We are holding a club brew-in, brewing 125 gallons of beer, pblic and press invited. Doing a 12 noon toast to home brewers and then having a BBQ dinner. Then I am off to get another tattoo.

I am glad to hear the tatoo isn't a drunken after thought: "I thought a bottle cap tattooed on my forehead was a good idea at the time..."

Brewpastor said:
I am glad to hear the tatoo isn't a drunken after thought: "I thought a bottle cap tattooed on my forehead was a good idea at the time..."
...or that beer label your friend has so that when he's pulled over and asked if he's been drinking he can say, "Nope (pointing to his forehead), I'm on the patch"!:drunk:

Big brewing events on Saturdays don't mix well with all I have to do on Sundays. My congregation puts up with a lot from me, but hung-over with beer breath and HB gas would probably be the straw.

cweston,
i am near Ford Rd, and Inkster rd.
basically the border of Dearborn hts and Garden city.
I did rent a couple houses down by Telegraph and Mich Ave years back in the bachelor days.

Brewpastor said:
Big brewing events on Saturdays don't mix well with all I have to do on Sundays. My congregation puts up with a lot from me, but hung-over with beer breath and HB gas would probably be the straw.

"...and now for the church notes...St Taffy's is having a peter-pulling contest after the service next weekend...." :p

I just found out I'm going to be able to go to the Big Brew that the Williamsburg club has planned. The wife is working at the Langley air show all weekend so I'm homebrewing with the big boys! Supposedly they are doing a giant parti-gyle brew. I'd like to see something like that done.

I believe SwAMi gets back into town tonight, so I'm gonna talk him into going too, and make him pick me up on the way. ;)

I brewed today, as I will be working the Greyhound booth at OSU's Pet Day. Katiebell and Cougar will help by lying around looking beautiful.

Had a choice of four activities for Saturday and nothing Sunday, go figure!

Well I got the SWMBO to cruise me down to Adventures in Homebrewing this morning. Yahoo directions was hopeless but we got there at about 10:30ish. Things were picked up by then. Lots of people showed up, several from the Northern Brewer forum. I kept asking people if they were from here but found nobody:(

Well I was in and out of the store and checked out people's brewing endevours. One thing I was looking for was something to get myself for my birthday, which is on Tuesday. The problem is that I can't lift much and will probably not be able to for some time. I'm brewing challenged at the moment. But really what I would like is to get the brews I have in bottles so I can enjoy them. The capper I have I tried to use a few days back and there would be no way for me to use it. Just needs too much force from my left arm. Well in talking about this wish someone, he brought me in the store to show me something. A one handed capper! I thought these would be bloody well out of my price range, but this one was just $35! Tried it and it seemed to be great (they even told me I can return it if it did not work in my case). So I walked out with the capper... just need to screw it on a board that I'll kneel on to keep it leveled and my left hand will just be used to hold the bottle in place! This should work!

Picked up some One step as well and while in the brewing intermission I bought Promash from them to play with and get some recipes down :ban:

What was really cool was I saw all kinds of setups that people had. Talked to a bunch of people and even got the wife talking to some other wives:) Had a few different brews.... had barely wine..... liked everything... but the barely wine actually :) Was not my brew for sure.

I'm 60 minutes into brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone tonight. Probably driving my pregnant tenant ad naeseum with the smell of the boiling wort with a hops addition.

glibbidy said:
I'm 60 minutes into brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone tonight. Probably driving my pregnant tenant ad naeseum with the smell of the boiling wort with a hops addition.

Wouldn't worry too much about it.... I'm sure thier apartment is going to be producing some smells you might find offensive later on as well :D

GOD said:
Wouldn't worry too much about it.... I'm sure thier apartment is going to be producing some smells you might find offensive later on as well :D

Sheesh! and I finally got my last child out of diapers about a week ago. Their days are numbered, as they are moving out in July. We live upstairs, and they live downstairs. It seems that the sound of helthy, & happy children playing, and running in the house just ain't their cup of tea since the woman works from home. :off:
They'll be out before their baby arrives.

Back