faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsscram

Reaction score
I am starting to think about putting togather a kegging system. I am think of going with a tower and a small converted chest frezer. Which brand of faucets would work best and require the lest amout of cleaning.

thanks

I have 4 VentMatic faucets in my system. I love them.
http://www.ventmatic.com/

Similarly, look at Perlick as well.

Both of these are more expensive, and do both still have to be cleaned, but they allow excess beer to run out of the faucet instead of sitting inside it growing bacteria and mold.

Just in case anyoe wants the all gold Vent-Matics, I emailed Vent-Matic and they still have them in stock and available for 49 bucks. I have a brass tower and will be switching to the gold Vent-Matics. No matter what the color, Im tired of stuck faucets when I dont draw a beer for a day or so.

I used to have the same problem with my traditional faucets. They stuck ALL the time. Go on vacation and leave it for a week and you might snap the handle off trying to draw a beer. You won't go wrong with Perlicks or Vent-Matics, I've used both. The Vent-Matics seem to be a little better made and have a more postive seal on them.

I've been holding out for Vents for my kegerator. Unfortunately, no one has the SS ones. I've talked with the owner a few times and he is in the process of finding a new manufacturer for his products. Last I heard it was going to be January or early February before production was back up and running. In the mean time, I'm going to have to borrow standard faucets from brewing buddies.

I wish I weren't on a budget - I'd buy the gold ones for the extra cost and be done with it.

If anyone has some better info, please respond to the thread. I haven't been able to reach the owner for a couple weeks now.

Back