Does anyone have any info on these pots? JARHILL 96/70 QT Stainless Steel Stock Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A questions for the ebrewers using the jarhill pot as boil kettle.
The 17.5 gal pot (70qt) with roughly 8.5 inches radius would produce approximately, when filled with 6gal wort, a height of ~6.1 inches
[recall h = V / π*r2 ] and with 8gal (lets assume this is preboil volume) it would be 8.1 inches of liquid's height.

How high is your element installed?

I use the 20 and 25 gallon as boilers. I have both pots installed at about 2" - 3" up from the bottom.

The only issue I have is @ 5 gallons I'm barely over the element so I always have to do 10 gallon batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have mine as low as I could place it in the 17g. I think I only need like 4g to cover the element. A 5g batch in the 24g would be an issue as well as a waste of space!

I have mine as low as I could place it in the 17g. I think I only need like 4g to cover the element. A 5g batch in the 24g would be an issue as well as a waste of space!

Thanks! I am contemplating to keep the old e-keggle for boiling or, currently investigating, move into the 17gal for boil operations hence I put in 1/2 in ports into the keg for anything your could use as HLT (herms coil, sight glass, temp probe) later.
The element and liquid height seemed an issue but you guys helped!

Glad we could help! In my opinion for as cheap as these are, do them straight across the board. They are much lighter and easier to move and clean then a keggle. I sold my decked out one and went with these for a eherms system and they have worked great! The only caution is some people have gotten some that seemed to be less than satisfactory, but mine were great.

Back