Juice in a can

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vNmd

Reaction score
Has anyone tried cans of juice for wine making? One I seen was county fair. The cans are specifically for wine making. They have Strawberry, peach, blackberry, etc. Instead of getting the fruit and pressing it - it is already done and in can form. It would be nice to make different fruit wines, but picking & pressing is not in my immediate future. They look a little expensive, but I haven't really looked around much. On that same note, does anyone know of another source of different fruit juices for making wines? I see the mist kits, but I am thinking more basic than that.

n00bNmd said:
Has anyone tried cans of juice for wine making? One I seen was county fair. The cans are specifically for wine making. They have Strawberry, peach, blackberry, etc. Instead of getting the fruit and pressing it - it is already done and in can form. It would be nice to make different fruit wines, but picking & pressing is not in my immediate future. They look a little expensive, but I haven't really looked around much. On that same note, does anyone know of another source of different fruit juices for making wines? I see the mist kits, but I am thinking more basic than that.

I did a strawberry wine from a can like you mentioned. I also threw in some frozen strawberries as well. It makes a decent bottle of wine.

All wine kits are pretty easy. Just follow the directions.

Aside from buying juice from the grocery store, fresh juice is pretty much available during the fall harvest season.

n00bNmd said:

One more thing, some of the fruit cans come with fruit in juice. I recommend a nylon mesh bag. Put the fruit in the bag and include it in the primary fermentation bucket. Once you are ready for the secondary, wring the juice out of the bag and discard the spent fruit.

Thanks for the info. I have a few things in queue, but some of them sound nice. Hopefully soon.

Latest posts

Back