Death Metal Anyone ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutilated1

Beer Drenched Executioner
Reaction score
Any of you guys like Death Metal ?

My favorite band "Cannibal Corpse" headlined the Wacken Open Air Fest in front of 65,000 metal fans this weekend.

I've got the entire performance added to the torrents section of my wedbsite if you're interested in checking out the most brutal metal you'll ever experience, check this out:

Cannibal Corpse Wacken 2007

I've been a fan for some time. More metal than death metal per se. Children of Bodom, Finntroll, Dimmu Borgir, Iron maiden, and Motorhead have all been favorites for a while.

we've had an absence of metal in the bay area ever since the pound in San Francisco shut down :( everything's been dead for months.

i did finally go to a show on Friday, tho. funny enough, Corpsegrinder was supposed to show up! it was advertised for months. ya know, "special appearance" nonsense. he didn't show up but it was a pretty good show anyway. nice little venue within biking distance of my house (so i can get hammered :))

I think the last show i saw before that was Cannibal Corpse, actually. or maybe 3 Inches of Blood. either way it was at Slim's in the city. So yeah, not purely Death, but I'm DEFINITELY into Metal! ;)

:rockin:

EDIT: Oh yeah...and my friends and I are going to Wacken next year. I got a friend in the Ukraine and my friend down here used to live in Germany. 3 days at Wacken, then Switzerland, Amsterdam, all over Germany. I'd like to goto Belgium, but that probably won't happen. oh well, should be an awesome trip!

My friend filmed that show at Slim's, I've got it on bootleg. Great show.

Did you download the video of the Wacken performance ? Holy Hells its awesome.

I like some metal too, I have a weak spot for cheesy 80s hair metal power ballad type songs, but most of the metal I like is more the Death Metal / Grindcore variety.

not too into grincore, but some of it's entertaining.

my favorite is probably NWOBHM.

I'm into lyrics, I love songs that tell a story. That's why i love 3IOB...nothing better than a young man being corrupted by the power of the axes of evil :D

:rockin:

I saw Lamb of God with Megadeth last year. awesome, awesome show.

...except Opeth sucked

Let's put my favorites in order(depends on teh band of course ;)):

NWOBHM, Thrash, Death Metal, Power Metal, Black Metal

I like certain mixes, too. Children of Bodom, Norther, 3 Inches of Blood, Kalmah

I'm a fan of Opeth. Too bad they sucked at the show you saw, DeathBrewer.
I like Lamb of God and Amon Amarth too.

PseudoChef said:
I got to participate in the Wall of Death before concert promoters started banning it. yeah, I was stupid back then.

Getting down in the pit is one thing, but wall of death... F that.

some of the ones i listen to: Lamb of God, Dark Tranquility, In flames, Messugah.

Zar said:
Getting down in the pit is one thing, but wall of death... F that.

some of the ones i listen to: Lamb of God, Dark Tranquility, In flames, Messugah.

I said I was stupid!

I love Opeth and Soilwork as well. Swedish death metal trends, anyone?

More on LoG: Just really down to earth, humble guys. I can always appreciate that in today's musicians.

Death metal is probably my favorite genre of music. I usually tell people the more the vocals sound like the a flushing toilet, the better. :cross:

Cannibal Corpse simply crushes live. Regardless if you enjoy that style of music or not, the talent that is there is simply amazing. How they can pull that kinda stuff off live is just insane. Check out bands like Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Carcass and Death of course as well. (Assuming you haven't already)

\m/ :D \m/

Back