What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are all younger than me in this thread.
Something I am not ashamed of, yet not too proud. If it's been done, my apologizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not right now, but most of the day I was listening to Tyler Jakes. They have a great sound - like blues meets punk, classic rock sound that is new. Great bass riffs. Check them out.

I'm really liking this sort of stuff right now. Makes me want to drink more and dance around the kitchen. Nothing wrong with that. :mug:

These songs are by Paul Cantelon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing right now, no music at work. But on the way here it was Immortal and related artists on Pandora. Immortal, Wolves in the Throne Room, Darkthrone, Aman Amarth, Belphagor, etc.

N3rdM3t4l said:
Nothing right now, no music at work. But on the way here it was Immortal and related artists on Pandora. Immortal, Wolves in the Throne Room, Darkthrone, Aman Amarth, Belphagor, etc.

Nice!

I've been listening non stop to the dead weather over the last few weeks. My favorite Jack White incarnation.
[ame="http://youtu.be/zj7jTtyCmOU"]http://youtu.be/zj7jTtyCmOU[/ame]

Opeth - cover of Alice in Chains 'Would?' - a little darker than the original. Love it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPFBBWxOaP4

One of my favorite AIC tunes, and definitely my favorite band. Opeth does everything in supreme fashion.

This Robin Trower cover is one of my favorites.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh36sp_7Bhw[/ame]

I'm hoping to find some new things to listen to, my music tastes are pretty wide-ranging but am always looking for something new to sample. I'd like to see people post what they're listening to RIGHT NOW (embarrassing or not) to try out... maybe others will do the same. So I'll start... :ban:

Artist: Goldie Lookin' Chain
Song: Bad Luck

Listening to the band "Hot Water Music" while making a yeast starter for my pumpkin ale that I'll be brewing tomorrow night.

Listening to Opeth's Lamentations DVD while I relax after an awesome brew day. Every time I listen to these guys, I like them more. Makes me want to work on my guitar playing that much harder, and I've been playing 30+ years (25 years professionally).

Listening to Opeth's Lamentations DVD while I relax after an awesome brew day. Every time I listen to these guys, I like them more. Makes me want to work on my guitar playing that much harder, and I've been playing 30+ years (25 years professionally).

I hear that! Hearing them, or seeing them live is amazing. Such a great band. Here's a couple from Opeth Live in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, they played the Blackwater Park album in it's entirety

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_W88R1nxc[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uj7eOxKfQ8[/ame]

And now this:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvYoouZbi5E[/ame]

Going to go see these guys with the Devin Townsend Project and Paradise Lost on the 16th. US tours are becoming an autumn tradition for Katatonia, this will be the third fall in a row that I've caught them, 2010 at Trees in Deep Ellum, Dallas, 2011 with Opeth at First Ave in Mpls, MN and this month at Station 4 with Devvy in St. P.
I put these guys right up there with Opeth in the world of progressive metal.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJihdZm5qeU[/ame]

Great band!! :rockin:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
And now this:

Video Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvYoouZbi5E

Going to go see these guys with the Devin Townsend Project and Paradise Lost on the 16th. US tours are becoming an autumn tradition for Katatonia, this will be the third fall in a row that I've caught them, 2010 at Trees in Deep Ellum, Dallas, 2011 with Opeth at First Ave in Mpls, MN and this month at Station 4 with Devvy in St. P.
I put these guys right up there with Opeth in the world of progressive metal.

Video Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJihdZm5qeU

Great band!! :rockin:

I'm so jealous! Devin Townsend is my absolute favorite! I'm gonna try to catch a show when they go through Lawrence Ks in October. Maybe I'll get lucky and get off work, so I can go.
I was listening to Type O Negative's cover of Black Sabbath earlier. Love me some Type O Negative......

I'm so jealous! Devin Townsend is my absolute favorite! I'm gonna try to catch a show when they go through Lawrence Ks in October. Maybe I'll get lucky and get off work, so I can go.
I was listening to Type O Negative's cover of Black Sabbath earlier. Love me some Type O Negative......

I'm a huge Devin fan, dude's amazing. :rockin:

Working on some PT this morning:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyZxzoUnJE[/ame]

Back