What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding. His buddy is Jim Hall. His most famous student is Bill Frisell. They recently did a bunch of work together. Glad this came up because on his website are his 3 books and he has streaming video lessons. He told me, you are no Pat Metheny but if you keep up, who knows. Haha, I am a terrible student. I'll find and share some of his music, he's amazing. On this piece you can hear how smooth he is.

Oh yes... just. for. you.

LOL! Very nice!

I actually like a lot of stuff but one day I was driving to work listening to Lithium on Sirius and Pearl Jam came on. They have their own goddamn channel, why are they on every one else's channel too? So I started flipping between channels and came across LL Cool J's channel. I lived in Philly when hip hop really hit it's stride with NWA and Run-DMC and the like and the song on the radio was F*** tha Police from NWA and then Peter Piper from Run-DMC. I was hooked. Been listening to it ever since. Never mind I sing in a punk band. :D In fact, I'm drinking South County's Stellar Phase and watching Sad Vacation about Sid Vicious right now.

Last edited:
This is a guy who has consistently put out awesome parodies of pop culture. This is the one that took me from a begrudging admirer to full blown fan!

I especially appreciate the ones where the videos match so closely. It's hilarious to watch them side-by-side. I also don't listen to much modern pop so often the Weird Al version is the first I hear. Then I'm at Taco Bell when the original comes on and I perk up, then I'm disappointed because IT'S the 'fake'!

I like this stripped down version a lot!

I love rob thomas,a little ways back posted that acoustic live of him doing disease and pieces. If you havent heard them they are really poignant.

What's the bluegrass gin and juice? The gourds? I think that's it, they do the country g and j. Pretty epic.

if i said this is the second time i listened to this tonight too, would it make me a bad person?...lol

(i was playing music match, took me an hour trying to remember it from my childhood...just to find out it wasn't a valid play)

I fire this video up every so often and each time I do I'm always blown away by it. Is there any doubt Prince was one of the greatest guitar players ever?

Really enjoyed this. Had a moment the other day where I missed Tom petty. Never saw him live but it was like his music has always been around my whole life. I love princes music too. Many dont realize that he was a good guitar player. I respect that he would show up unannounced and rock small bars to the wee hours.

talking about my dual 12's and 1000 watt amp, not much bass really, but just the same....

edit: it's just can't because my neighbors....

edit2: in fact, i bet, if i was getting beat to death by gansters...i'd get the cops here faster if i turned up the stereo instead of calling 911....lol

Last edited:
talking about my dual 12's and 1000 watt amp, not much bass really, but just the same....

edit: it's just can't because my neighbors....

edit2: in fact, i bet, if i was getting beat to death by gansters...i'd get the cops here faster if i turned up the stereo instead of calling 911....lol
Srsly, they suck that bad? I thought you lived in the great wide open. My neighbors are cool but we never turn up very late

Srsly, they suck that bad? I thought you lived in the great wide open. My neighbors are cool but we never turn up very late

yes they do...miserable old people, they even called the county and complained about the color of my other neighbor's wind sock!

(although when i got bored one day, and made it a habit to spend an hour a week picking up liter around the neighborhood...they seemed to mellow a bit)

Guess it's obvious. 11% HB Quad works well also
20190727_183517.jpeg

Just saw this... It's head and shoulders above his pop from the 1980's. Snoop Dogg lends some cred as well...

Back