Ever been to the Goat Hill Tavern near Irvine, Ca?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimTheHick

Reaction score
Holy crap this place was awesome. Totally unexpected greatness. 141 beers on tap. But that was just a gimmick. The ambiance was top notch!

image-703821911.jpg

I've been there quite a few times. I used to live in so cal.

Even though they supposedly have 141 beers on tap, they seem to have an unusually low amount of really good beers.

Either way, I still love going there.

I try to stay away from the left coast but if good beer is to be found well......

It did make me sad when they were out of union jack, but they had some new arrivals that were good.

Tap handles in the rafters!

image-658360909.jpg

I have had some people I know recommend that place when I am down that way, but I really like Hollingshead's Deli when I am in OC so I still haven't gone.

Up around where I live in the South Bay, it's all about Naja's Place.

I've been there! That place is seriously awesome! People had pizza's delivered there, peanut shells all over the place, and I remember a local trying to take my co-worker home. Now that I think about it, maybe he was trying to take her back to the hotel.

Anyway, anyone who travels out that way needs to swing by to at least see all the beers on tap. The bartender told me that the owner has an "in" with the city council so he pretty much gets to do whatever he wants.

I have had some people I know recommend that place when I am down that way, but I really like Hollingshead's Deli when I am in OC so I still haven't gone.

Up around where I live in the South Bay, it's all about Naja's Place.

Hollingshead is awesome. It's been quite a few years since I've been there, but they always had amazing craft beer on tap.

Back