Carboy Cleaning Brush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyB

Reaction score
Sick of cleaning carboys and kegs? Who isn't right? Soaking for days is a PIA and doesn't always work. Here's a carboy/keg brush you can build yourself for about $8. This is prototype III and I think I'm on to something with this one:

Login | Facebook

Cleaned a carboy with years old dried on crap in about 15 seconds.

4.75 at more beer
Brush - Carboy | MoreBeer
phpThumb.php

That's freaking great. I'm adding that to my build list. carboy brushes always worry me I'm constantly scraping the inside with the metal and worry I'm going to scratch it.

My carboy brush has about 3-4 more bends in it than yours does...:D

For my kegs I have a keg brush. I cut off the circle thing on the end and attach it to my drill for cleaning...works great. I can't hang up most of my brushes for this reason...

+1... You don't need to soak for days though, try 15-20 minutes with Oxyclean... carboy brush will take everything and anything off.

If it's working for you though... awesome. I'd suggest maybe some felt around where the pvc might come in contact with the glass.... I know it's hard to scratch the glass, but if it's spinning at high RPMs, who knows.

Thanks for the comment. It tends to center itself when running. The PVC shaft did hit the sides of the opening a few times. No scratches. I don't think the PVC is hard enough to scratch the glass given that it's plastic. My problem with soaking has always been the fact that I need to fill the carboy up with liquid. Then, to use the recommended amount of cleaner gets expensive fast. With this approach. Only a quart or so of cleaning solution is required saving a lot of money. The time to clean a really dirty carboy is around 20 seconds.

As I remember from my landscaping days, the line trimmer line is a pretty dense plastic. How does it clean well?

Sorry about the zombie post, but zombies are popular these days; zombie games, zombie tv shows, zombie banks...

Latest posts

Back