canned beer near Little Rock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdinsBrew

Reaction score
I'm going on a 3 day canoe trip down the Buffalo National River. I'm pretty sure there's a no glass rule on the river and need to send requests to my buddy there who will be doing the beer shopping.

Any suggestions on good beer, dare I say, in cans, around there?

I'm near 21st Amendment here in the SF Bay Area, and they use cans instead of bottles for their delicious brew. I'm guessing they're the only microbrewery in the nation to do so...

I'm a hop head, and would love something like Pliny, Racer 5, Avery IPA, Green Flash IPA, or better yet... my own stuff!

Any recommendations for brews for the canoe on the BNR would be greatly appreciated.

I'm near 21st Amendment here in the SF Bay Area, and they use cans instead of bottles for their delicious brew. I'm guessing they're the only microbrewery in the nation to do so...

Oskar Blues?
Maui?
Southern Star?

21A is not the only one. No idea what you can get in Arkansas tho.

Do you keg?

If so, just put some of your stuff into PET bottles. I use various kinds: 20oz soda bottles, 2 liter soda bottles, 1 liter carbed water bottles.

If you use a carbonator cap, any bottle with a "pepsi" style cap will do. Just make sure you don't use regular, non-carbed water bottles. They are too thin.

Fat Tire does cans now so that might be something you could actually find in Arkansas. Not really what you're looking for though.

Maybe they can find Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues, that should satisfy your hop craving. Avery does not can.

+1 on Dales Pale Ale, hope you can find some.
Although it doesn't say "IPA" it is very hoppy. I keep a case in the fridge...

Back