Ghetto!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakey971

Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm sure this doesn't fit in wine forum, but HBT
doesn't have a hooch forum yet!

About a month ago I was stuck in South Dakota, hours away from a brewstore, and I had the itch to brew something.

I found a little under a gallon of White Grape Pomegranate juice at Wal-Mart, so I picked up some sugar and some baking yeast. Yuck, right?

Today, I yanked the balloon off the top, poured a little into a glass and took a whiff. Yum!

Believe it or not, it's cleared out a bit and actually tasted pretty darn good!

Here's to the beauty and simplicity of fermentation.
:mug:

I think there was a GaP (Grocery and Produce) thread on the forums that your recipe would have meshed with very nicely ha ha.

I think there was a GaP (Grocery and Produce) thread on the forums that your recipe would have meshed with very nicely ha ha.

It does not follow the rules of the GaP project, because that was to produce a "beer like product" and ciders/wines/meads were not allowed, because that was too easy :p

That reminds me, I need to get on with my next GaP attempt, I'm going to malt up some store-bought barley.

I had actually half planned to throw out the results and writing it off as as a learning experience.

Sometimes I just get hit with the urge to brew something.

:mug:

Back