Priming sugar vs carb drops....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteRiverBrewing

Reaction score
I'm about ready to bottle an Apfelwein. I've been kegging for awhile and have not bottled much.. I was wondering which way is better? Boiling up some priming sugar or using the carb drops. I've never used the drops. Is one better than the other??

I haven't used the drops either, but most people on here do not like them. I think it's a matter of preference.

For a whole batch, go with corn sugar. Simple, cheap, effective and highly predictable.

If I'm just bottling a six-pack or two, I'll go with carb drops. I like the Coopers, one "lozenge" per 12oz bottle. They work great, and completely vanish within a week. I've heard complaints that the Munton's drops leave little bits and pieces of solid matter in the bottle

For a whole batch, go with corn sugar. Simple, cheap, effective and highly predictable.

If I'm just bottling a six-pack or two, I'll go with carb drops. I like the Coopers, one "lozenge" per 12oz bottle. They work great, and completely vanish within a week. I've heard complaints that the Munton's drops leave little bits and pieces of solid matter in the bottle

Yeah, I figured as much..I've bottled alot before I started kegging. I used
priming sugar and it seemed to be fine..Sometimes my bottles were alittle uneven, interms of carbonation. Using the drops sounded alittle easier. I guess I'll stick with priming. Thanks for the reply.Cheers...

You say you keg? Check out the "We don't need no stinking beer gun" post at the top of this forum.

100x easier than priming sugar IMHO.

Back