Painting my kettles good or bad???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamer810

Reaction score
Finishing up my 3 keg electronic brewing system and wanted to know if painting the outside of my kettles will do any harm to my beer. Going to use high temp BBQ paint. 1200 deg. Only thing I have read in my research is some fumes the first time you bring the kettles up to temp. After that you are gtg. Any info would be great.

Most people polish their keggles not paint them. I guess if you wanted to you could but personally I wouldn't.

And yes they will smell, I used that same paint on my stand and it smelled for a few batches.

I've seen some kettles painted to resemble copper and they looked awesome. I'll have to try to find that setup again. Having electric system should help keep the paint intact even if it smells the first time or two you heat it up.

Thank you for the feed back.i did go ahead and paint them. I will post a pic when I'm done. The reason why is just to look bad ass. Lol. More to come.

First time set up.

IMG_2691.JPG

Not sure how I'm going to label them yet but hazards waste symbol just moved to the top of the list 😜
Thx for the idea 👍🍻

They look good they actually look like they were powder coated. If the paint doesn't hold up powder coating might work.

Holding up just fine. Mostly scratches from brew nights. Paint job as a whole is looking good. Will post a pic next brew night.

The hazard symbols look great, but I have to admit I like the idea of flames and (better) WWII pin-up babes better.

That's a sweet set up. There was a thread on showing off control panels, and one had a panel that looked old and corrosive like something out of a zombie apocalypse movie.

That look would go good with those kettles.

That is just great, now I have to powder coat my keggle. Any issues with the electric element burning your paint? I have a powder coat shop at work. I'm going to try this, but I think I will stay a few inches off the base just to be safe.

Nice Job they look great !

The hazard symbols look great, but I have to admit I like the idea of flames and (better) WWII pin-up babes better.

That's a sweet set up. There was a thread on showing off control panels, and one had a panel that looked old and corrosive like something out of a zombie apocalypse movie.

That look would go good with those kettles.

It was driving me crazy had to google it.....

This it ?
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=288900&page=5

Love the hazardous waste vessels. I thing painting is great with an electric system. I used the Rustoleum BBQ paint on my turkey fryer burner modification on my stand. The paint has mostly burned off!!!!!

Latest posts

Back