Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny thing about this thread

my last post, #7993, is showing up BEFORE the post from n240sxguy that I quoted, #7994

Thank fuggles you saw that too. Thought it was time to stop drinking my Luxembourg Girl (not a true Belgian blonde but close enough that you still would).

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thank fuggles you saw that too.

I first thought he deleted the original and re-posted, but 1) we can't delete posts (at least I seem to be unable) and 2) the quote link goes to the post after mine

time to stop drinking

I recognize these words as coming from the English language, but cannot comprehend the order in which you've placed them

This is kind of funny in it's own right. Where is the thread that takes advantage of the screwy flow of time to write a short story?

- On topic - Last night at the bar I heard a disgruntled patron ask the bartender, "You don't have Coors? Ugh.. fine.. gimme a Bud in one of those frosty cups." I wanted to slap him with my ring hand. Taps included: Bud Light, Labatt, Southern Tier IPA, Magic Hat IPL, Flying Bison Rusty Chain and SA Winter Lager.

- On topic - Last night at the bar I heard a disgruntled patron ask the bartender, "You don't have Coors? Ugh.. fine.. gimme a Bud in one of those frosty cups." I wanted to slap him with my ring hand. Taps included: Bud Light, Labatt, Southern Tier IPA, Magic Hat IPL, Flying Bison Rusty Chain and SA Winter Lager.

Yes lets have more bud bashing.

The alchy thread was doing that last night too. I just figured it reached critical mass at 130-something thousand posts.
Y'know, there might be something to that. Another forum I hang out on had a thread that got out into 800-900 page (might have broken 1,000 page) area. Kind of like this one. One night, it corrupted the database, and crashed the entire forum. Took the admins several days to get it sorted out, and many of the longer threads on the forum were either completely lost, or a significant portion of the end had to be deleted to 'save' the rest of the forum.

After that incident, we voluntarily imposed a 500-page limit on any thread; once you hit that point, a 'new' thread was started with a similar name, and linked to from the old thread - and then the old thread was locked.

Got invited to a holiday dinner party, which is also a "craft beer swap".
The idea is you bring your favorite and swap with someone else.
I got gitty at the idea of getting someone else's favorite craft beer, until my buddy said "why do you want to swap your 6 pack of Saranac for someone's MGD light, since most people dont know what craft beer is".

way to ruin my enthusiasm!

Got invited to a holiday dinner party, which is also a "craft beer swap".
The idea is you bring your favorite and swap with someone else.
I got gitty at the idea of getting someone else's favorite craft beer, until my buddy said "why do you want to swap your 6 pack of Saranac for someone's MGD light, since most people dont know what craft beer is".

way to ruin my enthusiasm!

bring your Saranac, bring some BMC.

"conveniently" leave both in the car and reconnoiter the swap situation before exclaiming, "oh! I left mine out in the car, let me go get it!"

bring in whichever you think is most appropriate for the quality level of the other exchanges

"conveniently" leave both in the car and reconnoiter the swap situation before exclaiming, "oh! I left mine out in the car, let me go get it!"

bring in whichever you think is most appropriate for the quality level of the other exchanges

+1 for using reconnoiter in a sentence.

Or... Take your Saranac as a gift, spreading good cheer and good will to all.

If someone gives you BMC, I'm sure you can find a use for it in a bread, stew, marinade, or as slug bait. If you get a good craft beer that you've never had before, even better.

A guy I work with was on a sub. He said there were 140 sailors when they left, and 70 couples when they came back.
Whats with all the Navy Bashing? ...Im a Navy vet...we had 500 women on my ship..2/3 came back pregnant after the first deployment..lmao!!!

...and many of the longer threads on the forum were either completely lost, or a significant portion of the end had to be deleted to 'save' the rest of the forum.

Man, there are some great stickies that I'd hate to lose. I might go make a personal back up of them.

In funny beer stuff, a buddy from work who brewed with me once and I invited him back for another batch:

Me: What should we make? You pick.
Him: Well, I got two ideas, the second might be crazy.
Me: Go crazy! As long as it's not a lager or a sour we can probably do anything!
Him: Ah crap, my first was thinking a Belgian wit and the second a Flemish red.
Me: Doh! Let's do the wit!

I'm not sure if this is funny or slowly turning into a serious issue...

Last night I had another beer related dream, except this time I had just tucked a new batch away after pitching yeast. When I woke up (in my dream) the next morning, it was gone. Someone from Rapids, New York had stolen it. It was terrifying and heartbreaking all at the same time. The rest of the dream was just a frantic mess of instances involving trying to find and travel to wherever Rapids, NY was so I could confront the villain.

When I got to work I looked up Rapids, NY and to my horror discovered it is only 28 minutes from where I live. How do I fix it so I start having happy beer dreams!? Can't I have one night of being Beer Pong World Champion or something?

I'm not sure if this is funny or slowly turning into a serious issue...

Last night I had another beer related dream, except this time I had just tucked a new batch away after pitching yeast. When I woke up (in my dream) the next morning, it was gone. Someone from Rapids, New York had stolen it. It was terrifying and heartbreaking all at the same time. The rest of the dream was just a frantic mess of instances involving trying to find and travel to wherever Rapids, NY was so I could confront the villain.

When I got to work I looked up Rapids, NY and to my horror discovered it is only 28 minutes from where I live. How do I fix it so I start having happy beer dreams!? Can't I have one night of being Beer Pong World Champion or something?

Well, first you gotta RDWHAHB or 7. Too much stress is my guess. Especially about your beer. Or prophetic foreshadowing.

I wish I would have more than the rare dream. Though when I do... woah they are weird or thematic. I had 2 whole years when the dreams I remembered on waking (all dozen and a half of them) I could fly (hover really, only could get like 12 feet off the ground) and was convinced that if I could remember how I do it upon waking up I could do it in real life. Then as I started waking up I started floating lower and lower. Weird.

Dont trust them Rapids NYers. They are an untrustworthy lot. Shifty eyes.

Well, first you gotta RDWHAHB or 7. Too much stress is my guess. Especially about your beer. Or prophetic foreshadowing.

I wish I would have more than the rare dream. Though when I do... woah they are weird or thematic. I had 2 whole years when the dreams I remembered on waking (all dozen and a half of them) I could fly (hover really, only could get like 12 feet off the ground) and was convinced that if I could remember how I do it upon waking up I could do it in real life. Then as I started waking up I started floating lower and lower. Weird.

Man you could hover in your dreams? I can't even throw a punch, its all slow mo... hmm.. speaking of which, learned last night that Sigmund Freud's middle name is Schlomo...

Weird.

Could. Theme has since changed. The most recent one was where I woke up (in my dream) after what must have been a helluva night in bed with a friend of mine. All conversations are normal and fine, then kinda like a tv camera pan and her husband wakes up and says hello. My backend didnt hurt so I figured i was okay there but it was a little awkward. Weirdest part is I havent seen that friend in over a year.

To make it beer related, they do have a kegerator in their house and they asked that I supply them kegs of homebrew

Man you could hover in your dreams? I can't even throw a punch, its all slow mo... hmm.. speaking of which, learned last night that Sigmund Freud's middle name is Schlomo...

Weird.

That happens to me all the time too. I'm sure it means something symbolically.

That happens to me all the time too. I'm sure it means something symbolically.

I actually have a theory that it may be due to the fact that you are laying on a surface and/or wrapped in blankets. I was always curious whether or not being suspended in sleep and able to move freely would allow you to do things, such as throw a normal punch, or run... even fly in your dreams. Some day I'll make some sort of apparatus and test it, but right now I'm too busy wasting my time working and drinking.

I know one person with the last name "Brewer" and another with the last name "Beers"

Jack Stout is way more badass though :rockin:

I know a Jack, who will not drink beer (some bs about being pre diabetic), but will only drink jack.

Kind of cliche`

I actually have a theory that it may be due to the fact that you are laying on a surface and/or wrapped in blankets. I was always curious whether or not being suspended in sleep and able to move freely would allow you to do things, such as throw a normal punch, or run... even fly in your dreams. Some day I'll make some sort of apparatus and test it, but right now I'm too busy wasting my time working and drinking.

If you find yourself lucid in a dream, you can punch as fast as you want.

Or fly.

Or impregnate Katie Upton.

So, I would say, probably not. It's all in your mind.

I know one person with the last name "Brewer" and another with the last name "Beers"

Jack Stout is way more badass though :rockin:

I once met a guy whose last name was Beerman.

On a sidenote, Does anybody know anything about the name changing process?

Flying is no big thing...all you have to do is throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Back