Plastic Beer Crates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srober1983

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am looking for the european style plastic beer crates. Does anyone know where to find them? Or does anyone have any for sale? Thanks alot. PM me if you are looking to sale.

I don't know what a European plastic crate is but I use the plastic dish racks used in commercial kitchens to run glasses through a commercial dish washer.

Those European crates are cool, but I doubt that anyone will part with them, they are too cool. But did you know that a milk crate can hold a case of beer bottles? And they stackable. And take up almost have the landscape of a standard cardboard beer case?

I have four of them, two of each. A buddy of mine is a Test Pilot for the Air Force and picked them up while he was deployed in Germany.

img00006200912112109.jpg

I have 18 of them (racks) that I shipped back from Germany with my household goods...and I ain't parting with SQUAT!! :D

That reminds me, someone I know in Germany was supposed to send me some (more), but that hasn't happened yet. :mad:

I need about 3 more to get my excess bottles in their right racks.

I don't know what a European plastic crate is but I use the plastic dish racks used in commercial kitchens to run glasses through a commercial dish washer.

Where'd you score these? I've been watching craigslist forever for some to show up. They sure ain't cheap at restaurant supply stores - even used.

Are you talking about something like this?

green-beer-caddy-cond.png

I bought a case of 12 when they were on sale for $50. Still not cheap, but they'll last forever.

The racks are not cheap (ones like mine seem to be about $50) but after tons of abuse they show no signs of wear. I've got the 25 compartment style which will hold everything up to 1 liter PE bottles but standard 12 ounce bottles move around quite a bit especially when upside down. I would like to give the 36 compartment ones a try.

Back