Keggle Whirlpool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was wandering if anyone has any good idea on how to get my keggle to whirlpool.

I had an idea of running a copper tube from my ball valve and getting it to coil 1/2 way around the inside of the keg so that when i open it, it should start to swirl.

I always get tons of trub when i open it up and it gets into my bucket i use for my immersion chiller.

Ive decided to build a counterflow chiller since i discovered most of the BOM in my garage.

I want to whirlpool my wort straight from the keggle trough the CFC and into my fermenter.

a good strong stir will get the job done. Really get it spinning and put the lid on it. That should do the trick. Check out Jamil's whirlpool chiller on his mr. Malty site. I would say build one of those.

Here is how I do mine, the bottom one is the pickup and the top circulates it for the whirlpool

11999-kegs002.jpg

I went to lowes and got a 90 degree street elbow, a 45 degree elbow, and a 6 inch length of half inch copper tubing and came right out of my bulkhead inside the kettle up against the wall, slightly tilted downward, similar to superiorbrew, and just whirlpool

Shouldn't the bottom tube (pickup right??) be turned the other way or do you want to catch liquid as it passes by rather than straight in?? New here, trying to learn all I can before I start my build.

Thanks

J

Edit:
Just realized that this thread is very old. Sorry.

Back