tell me about hemp beer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
ive heard of it, but i know nothing of about it. would love to try some.

also i was reading in radical brewing about bees that would pollinate on marijuana plants and other plants with pshycoactive properties. the honey from these bees were then used to make meads that produced different phsycoactive qualities. i thought this was very intriguing.

that weed beer in the second link was an awesome read. thanks! i bet one could make a very strong weed beer now days. maybe a sour diesel imperial ipa?

Brewed up a hemp pale ale for my fourth batch, roasted a pound seeds for about half an hour until they were nutty. Gave the beer a distinct light roastiness, play around with it

hhmmm, bee keeping in Afghanistan might have some interesting possibilities.
Just another reason to know where your honey comes from.

frederick brewing company in frederick maryland makes hempen ale. its made from industrial grade(no THC) hemp seeds. i asked alot about this beer when i made the brewery tour and thats why they can sell it, cause industrial grade hemp doesn't get you high. you could smoke pounds of this stuff and not get any thing but a hacking cough.

i do believe they malt the seeds for this just like malting barley. not 100% sure though, been a few years

one of my favorites. any recipe tips on cloning this one?

2295402603_db78260603.jpg

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/485/1489

i kinda want to make a strong tincture now and put it in a 5 gallon batch, or even put it in a mead. do you think this will work?

This seems like a perfect thread to make my first post. Those are some interesting links ODaniel. This is now going to be my long term goal of mine, I'm currently making my first extract kit batch. So it might be a little while before I have the confidence to try something like this, but out here in CA it should be pretty easy to get the right ingredients.

i can make a tincture pretty soon. i should be able to try this product out in a few months. i cant wait. im wondering how it will affect the taste of the beer. maybe it would taste better in certain beers. hmmmmmmm. firenightfly says it has a strong herbal taste. maybe an imperial super hoppy i.p.a.

if your going to do it....i would use bourbon instead of vodka, then add to a porter

if your going to do it....i would use bourbon instead of vodka, then add to a porter

Must be the high proof stuff. Any liquor will do. Dont use anything under 100 proof. If under 151 proof leave for 3-4 weeks shaking twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back