Carboy protector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mblakely

Reaction score
So I have heard horror stories about broken glass carboys, and a lot of you have the scares to show for it. I don't know if I have found the solution, but this is something that I have come up with. I was in my local hardware store looking for some laquor (to protect some labels) and found some "Plasti Dip". THis is marketed as the plastic/rubber material on tool handles. My thought was to put on bottom of the carboy to help protect it against bumping. I took wide masking tape and marked off where I wanted the plasti dip to go (I only wanted tht bottom so I could still see the trub). I then sprayed the plasti dip on the bottom. I let dried, and repeated a few times. The color I found was black, but I suppose they make more.

Don't know if this will work, but I figure I will give it a try and I thought I would pass it on.

Cheers
Matt

Ize said:
Interesting. Like a Trojan for the bottom of your 'boys. I'd like to see some pics...

Hmmmm. What would then call it. Safe ....(insert phase here)...

You could trademark it as Better Bottoms. :cross:

EdWort said:
Hmmmm. What would then call it. Safe ....(insert phase here)...

You could trademark it as Better Bottoms. :cross:

Butt Buffers... Big sellers in cellblocks around the country.... :drunk:

Ize

I just use milk crates too. No worries about bumping and very easy to carry the carboy.

Hi Bill. Only thing going on is my birthday on Sept. 3. Maybe we can get together one day if I can make it.

Back