Cold conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpig75

Reaction score
Im going to keg a batch of pale ale in the next couple days and had a couple questions i wanted to run by the experts :)

after transfer i plan on purging the keg with co2 and letting it sit in the basement, i guess id consider this the secondary. from what i've read this should be ok - I dont need to keep it on the gas do i?

this keg will be taken on a camping trip so a few weeks before I go - Im going to stick it in the beer fridge and let it cold condition for a few weeks, which leads me to the real question:

Is it ok to take a keg out of cold storage, letting it warm up to room temperature for a couple days and then put it on ice before serving it?

i dont see how anything could go wrong here but this is my first time kegging and just want to make sure im ok and wont ruin my tasty precious :)

I do it all the time with ales but always keep my lagers cold. Constant cooling and warming of beer will cause the formation of haze IIRC, but once or twice shouldn't hurt.

Were you planning on carbing up the beer?

I do it all the time with ales but always keep my lagers cold. Constant cooling and warming of beer will cause the formation of haze IIRC, but once or twice shouldn't hurt.

Were you planning on carbing up the beer?

yeah i was going to keep it on the gas while cold conditioning - will that be ok?

Back