So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-343073124.jpg

Got a bourbon porter going right now

Yesterday's brew day was all smooth sailing! Hit all my mash temps, OG was 1.048 (1.043 target), and have some nice airlock activity this morning!

Today I'm racking my RyePA to secondary and going to try my first attempt at washing yeast!

made a gallon of irish red last night. Im going to reserve judgement though, as it currently looks more like a latvian mud-brown.

5 gallons are Citra IPA going right now...resparging grain after to do a light ale...will add DME to get the gravity up to 1.054...5 gallons on the light IPA.

Made 5 gal of wheat ipa on friday, just finished 5 gal of pale this morning and plan on knocking out my dipa tomorrow

5 gallons are Citra IPA going right now...resparging grain after to do a light ale...will add DME to get the gravity up to 1.054...5 gallons on the light IPA.

could you pm me that recipe for the citra IPA.

Did a 5 gal of biermunchers newcalstle clone, and also resparged the grains after for a newcastle light(maybe) got 4 gallons on the light.

Just bottled a batch of Amber Light Ale. Tasted pretty good and hit my target FG. No more brewing for me for a few days, but have everything here to do a batch of Cream Ale (my first). I was reading discgolfin's recipe for a classic oatmeal stout and now I'm about sorry I already bought the stuff for the cram ale! :)

Sanitized soooo much stuff today. Brewed a Gluten Free Orange Honey Ale for SWMBO and her sis in law, and bottled an altered Succulent Blonde. It was definitely a productive day!

It's supposedly spring now but snowing for the last few days.
Keezer is in the garage. Should be OK to start a lager batch.
Anyway, time for my first AG Lager.
10 gallon batch of Yungling

This weekend? A Cream Ale, and maybe the Black Lager I have been planning for the past few months. And maybe if I am really good I will pull together an APA/IPA since I believe I already have the ingredients handy. A triple brew weekend? I must be crazy.

I'll be brewing two or three beers this weekend.

Milk chocolate stout
Coconut cascadian ale
Strawberry blonde ale

I won't be brewing, because I am making a trip to Durango Colorado for some much needed R&R, and of course I will be tasting and touring some of my favorite breweries.

Dry Irish Stout, I really need to get this out the door, I have a lot of brewing to do prior to NHC. Stupid cold has had me laid up for over a week. When putting the leg extensions on a new burner seems like a herculean task brewing is right out.

Easter is get together brew day :mug:

6 people, were going to split 3 10-gallon batches

Bog Beagle english pale
24lbs maris otter
8oz peat smoked malt
4oz fuggle @ 60
2oz fuggle @15
2oz fuggle flameout
S-04

how loud can 3-4 sp-10's/sq-14s be?

Friday is my planned brew day and my first time brewing since i moved back to hawaii (three years). Going to be doing the NB De Belge Farmhouse IPA BIAB 3gal and possibly a recipe I have been working on with the help of the forum, Basement Beer or another, more traditional American IPA.

Hey - I'm brewing this Friday too! I'm attempting my first "Micro-batch" - a 1 Gallon, BIAB batch. I'm making an English IPA with UK Pale 2 Row, Amber malt and a pinch of toasted malt, and a TON of Fuggles - a bittering addition, 30-minute addition, aroma addition, and dry-hopping. I'm calling it....

"I Fuggled Your Mom"

ViperMan said:
Hey - I'm brewing this Friday too! I'm attempting my first "Micro-batch" - a 1 Gallon, BIAB batch. I'm making an English IPA with UK Pale 2 Row, Amber malt and a pinch of toasted malt, and a TON of Fuggles - a bittering addition, 30-minute addition, aroma addition, and dry-hopping. I'm calling it....

"I Fuggled Your Mom"

Nice name! Sounds toasty and yet refreshing like your beer hopefully will come to be. Did you think about using Maris Otter instead of the pale 2row? It sounds to me like a very English recipe already. What made you side for the pale?

I like it. I approve heavily of the word fuggles to begin with.

Funny thing I noticed. My first beer was an IPA kit. 6 different hop additions on the schedule. My second and third were a stout... we're down to a bitting addition and an aroma addition.

This weekend I made an Irish Red. At 60, put miniscule amount of hops in boil. Do nothing else. Throw some more hops from one hand to the other, if you want, but thats it.

CreamyGoodness said:
I like it. I approve heavily of the word fuggles to begin with.

Funny thing I noticed. My first beer was an IPA kit. 6 different hop additions on the schedule. My second and third were a stout... we're down to a bitting addition and an aroma addition.

This weekend I made an Irish Red. At 60, put miniscule amount of hops in boil. Do nothing else. Throw some more hops from one hand to the other, if you want, but thats it.

Yeah my IPA kit only has 2 additions, one at 60 and one at 20. It's only a 3gal batch and only 3ozs of hops.

dpatrickv said:
I'll be brewing two or three beers this weekend.

Milk chocolate stout
Coconut cascadian ale
Strawberry blonde ale

Nice! Me too:
My first sour--10gal
10gal of Belgian Tripel
5gal of BN Porter

Back