Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, two things:

1. Beer apparently served ice cold and in frosted glasses, sucks out all the flavor, just like TSA likes it!

2. So, it sounds like he was here on his honeymoon. It's unclear, he says he is, but then mentions their honeymoon in Spain. How many f-ing honeymoons did you have?!?! Anyway, assuming he was here on his honeymoon, he's complaining that they didn't have people to talk with?!?!? I don't recall on my honeymoon being focused on great conversations with other vacationers. Dude, I'm not sure you're doing this honeymoon thing correctly.

I think on a comment to one of his videos, someone was making fun of him for his wife cheating on him. I assume this is his second wife.

Revvy said:
You ever get the idea that maybe his hobby is just being an online troll (maybe there's 2 of them, a mike and a david)? No person could be that bumphuq stupid and arrogant at the same time.

I was thinking the same thing.

He's a fascinating character. As much as I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure he has a future in tv. No script needed, just follow him around with a camera and a little editing. Reality television gold.

jsguitar said:
He did! I couldn't believe that either but if you look at the comments, Palmer chimes in in response to some of the comments from people who were also in disbelief.

Wow. If TSA is a troll, then successful troll is successful.

I can't imagine someone buying that much equipment in order to make troll videos. It is some crazy stuff to watch.

I'm trying to decide if he is crazier than Robert M. Stephens. He's this guy, to Jeeps. Search VEX Jeep and you will see what I mean. This guy has built quite a reputation on the Jeep forums. People like this just boggle my mind. High functioning delusional psychos!

He's a butthole. First of all, when he stops the video to talk about his mistake with the paper towel, he says he could have affected this sterile environment. Well sorry Captain Anal, your jug, hands, funnel, etc, is only sanitized, not sterile as you are.

Should this guy even be drinking beer to begin with...?!

Sanitizing latex gloves, that's a new concept...

I think he needs a few homebrews ..... if he is that anal about making a starter holy sh*t I wouldn't want to see the rest of his brew day regimine.

If he ever saw my production he'd looose it man seriously... so glad you guys talked me into chilaxing while brewing... as the bible says... "Relax and have a home brew.."

If he ever saw my production he'd looose it man seriously... so glad you guys talked me into chilaxing while brewing... as the bible says... "Relax and have a home brew.."

Close, it's "He who relaxith and hath a homebrew enters the kingdom of heaven with a smileth on his faceth."

~The Epistle of Luke, Patron Saint of Beer (Chapter 1 Verse 1.)
smiley-face-halo.gif

well i was going to build a brew rig, but after watching that video i think my next project should be a negative air pressure clean room to do my wort transfers in.

This guy is nuttier than squirrel ****!

How long does it take him to produce a yeast starter? An 8 hour day, lol.

This was frikkin awesome. I wonder if this guy might somehow be on the forum.

It puts the lotion on its skin.

He is totally trolling. Pretty damn good at it by the 500+ posts in this thread about him.

it's funny that this thread came back. I recently started watching his videos again. They're really great to watch if you need to feel better about yourself.

it's funny that this thread came back. I recently started watching his videos again. They're really great to watch if you need to feel better about yourself.

So true!

Interesting yet fun places to visit...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/how-long-fermenter-cooperskit-143390/ (infamous slam coopers thread)
Home Brew Talk - mikedavid00
Mike (mikedavid00) - Digg
DIY Chatroom - DIY Home Improvement Forum - View Profile: mikedavid00
Pictures by mikedavid00 - Photobucket
https://twitter.com/mikedavid00
mikedavid00 - Member Forum Posts - TripAdvisor
Binged last 2 days - food hangover? - Bodybuilding.com Forums (at least it sounds like him)
Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums - View Profile: mikedavid00
Gearslutz.com - View Profile: mikedavid00
eBay My World - mikedavid00
eBay Feedback Profile for mikedavid00
MacRumors Forums - View Profile: mikedavid00 (perhaps he's still on the internet?)
4 years ago photo by mikedavid00 - Allrecipes.com - 69771 (seems he's an EXPERT cook)
Wen't to Lake Aquitaine tonight.. - Ontario Fishing Community Home
Using floor leveler on subfloor and then nailing in hardwood? - Home Owners Forum (guess we found his email address, unless he changed it)
[Internet] Please report YOUTUBE problems - Bell Canada | DSLReports Forums (lolz)
Latest Messages - CodeProject®
mikedavid00 - Viewing Profile (this ones more interesting)
SAP Community Network Forums: Noob problem. Need solution ...
Mike on Myspace
View Profile: mikedavid00 - Harmony Central Forums
.... Google (you'd think he's stop using mikedavid00)

I love the Coopers thread and his theories about how aging beer screws up the flavor. All because his Coopers kit tasted bad after 10-12 days. I make no claim of being the best brewer on Earth but I'm pretty sure 10 days doesn't qualify as "age".

By the way, if you want to get completely hammered in 11 minutes or less, pick any of his videos at random and drink whenever he says "OK" or "you guys".

So true!

Interesting yet fun places to visit...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/how-long-fermenter-cooperskit-143390/ (infamous slam coopers thread)
[

That's actually not the thread. The thread got locked and taken down, never to be viewed again. He was complaining that the coopers fermenter he got was defective because his beer took awhile to finish fermenting. It was his first attempt, and no matter what people said, he'd argue that the Coopers fermenter sucks and it's useless and there's no way to brew drinkable beer in it. Myself and some others were trying to let him know it's not a big deal if he doesn't get any bubbling in the airlock, but in typical d bag, TSA, tampon applicator fashion, he said we were wrong. I hope got to read my last piece of advice for him:

Mikedavid, I'm really glad you posted to another thread besides your "Slamming coopers kits" disaster. Everyone here has given you solid advice and you insist on ignoring everything, and basing your opinions on your FIRST BREW. You have no idea what you're talking about and you're really embarrassing yourself now. Please, for your own sake, take down your youtube videos, because they're really an embarrassment. Firstly, you wear the same clothes in every video, so maybe your sanitation ISN'T as good as you think. Secondly, you make comments that you have no idea about. A plastic fermenter that smells like plastic???? What should it smell like, aluminum??? Beer shouldn't sit in primary for 3 weeks????? You're insane, and your posts and videos are solid proof. READ A BOOK. As a matter of face, don't. Please change your hobby, because this one really isn't for you. Beer produces off flavors after being in primary for 3 weeks?????

Oh, and how do you tell, 2 days after bottling, that your beer won't carbonate? Your comments are so far off the deep end, it's ridiculous. Who on here is "waving your sword and shield for a particular company"? I've brewed 4 beers in the coopers fermenter and never had a problem, and they were all coopers cans.

You're a complainer, through and through. You complained about everything from the beginning, and never wanted to hear anything from anyone. Every single post I've read of yours has been a complaint of one way or another. If it's not about beer, it's about censorship. Please change your hobby or at least the forums you complain to. Nobody here wants to hear it, and all you are is a naysayer. You act like a child, which is an insult to children everywhere. My 4 year old is more coherent and mature than you, and she doesn't embarrass herself nearly as much. +1 on the ban hammer falling on you.Or just go away and save yourself the embarrassment of BEING banned......although it seems like you enjoy being embarrassed.

Can't believe nobody brought this one up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bs-L86Tm10]TakeSomeAdvice rips off guys with small penis + others - YouTube[/ame]

And this one:

[ame=http://youtu.be/IkmUY1qr9qg]1070 BEER TASTING! (Second All Grain Brew!) - YouTube[/ame]

"This is the initial sediment pour that I"m gonna let my wife drink".

"It's 8.1 percent alcohol, so there's definitely going to be off flavors".

I love at around 10:35, after drinking about 2 ounces of beer, he starts cursing, saying he's buzzed. What a tool.

Back