Portable Keg Dispenser help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HpN44

Reaction score
Need some help here. I put together the below portable kegging dispenser (based on a design found here). Keeps the kegs cold but unfortunatly beer pours out straight foam. I have tried several things (replaced hoses, chilled the lines, messed with carbonation) all to no avail. Any advice? Perhaps its something with the faucet? I appreciate any and all help. I'm supposed to bring this thing to our annual dudes weekend out tomorrow.

photo.JPG

As a follow up, i took a picnic tap line from my fridge and did a control test (poured just fine from same keg)

I connect the line to the facucet shank with the below and a hex nut to hook it to the shank. Am i missing something here? It just slowly comes out the faucet and is all foam.

1-4-inch-barbed-tail-piece.jpg

Alright...figured it out. It was bad liquid connects to the keg. Switched in my picnic tap ones and it work. Weird that both connects were bad.

Good talking to you.

Alright...figured it out. It was bad liquid connects to the keg. Switched in my picnic tap ones and it work. Weird that both connects were bad.

Good talking to you.

Try tightening the top of the liquid disconnects with a flat blade screwdriver. I had a loose one last weekend that was leaking.

Back