What the hell is this!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its made in scotland and has an authetic button so it must be good

He also doesn't know Kirkliston is a place, not a company, but what does it do? I mean if it's Scottish it's obviously awesome but I need more info before I go buying it. :D

Well I googled and the only thng that came up was links back to the auction...but I did find out that Kirkliston is scottish Maltser, and they sell beer kits...I'm thinking that that is an oldschool homebrewing "Beer in a bag" fermenter...

I think most of the beer in a bag kits companies folded...one of them was Paddockwood in Canada...

DSCN7290.JPG

Betcha that's an oldschool version of it from Scotland..basically a no-boil, add warm water and pitch yeast into the bag.

I think most of the beer in a bag kits companies folded...one of them was Paddockwood in Canada...

DSCN7290.JPG

Betcha that's an oldschool version of it from Scotland..basically a no-boil, add warm water and pitch yeast into the bag.

Nice pic. That's "beer in a bag in a box to a bucket"!

I dunno...most of the paddock wood links are gone...

I swear last winter someone posted on here a beer in a bottle kit...it was like a 3 liter pop bottle full of wort, and you pitched yeast in it.

Saw that on another forum the other day. I said it there, and I'll say it here: I'd hit that. Sure, I wouldn't want my friends to see me do it, and I might have to keep the lights off, but yeah... I'd hit it like a baby harp seal.

Saw that on another forum the other day. I said it there, and I'll say it here: I'd hit that. Sure, I wouldn't want my friends to see me do it, and I might have to keep the lights off, but yeah... I'd hit it like a baby harp seal.

And you JUST made the memorable quotes thread...

Not sure if you are referring to beer in a bag kits or what...but you made it!

And you JUST made the memorable quotes thread...

Not sure if you are referring to beer in a bag kits or what...but you made it!

Um...woohoo?

I was referring to the Bottle O' Wort. I don't see anything wrong with cheap & nasty every once in a while.

I got started with Brews(u)cks. And they really did. Hot water in a plastic bag of dried extract, add yeast when it cools.

Back