Clone recipe for Alpine Bad Boy DIPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishkingesq

Reaction score
After a brief trip to San Diego last week where I visited Toronado, I fell in love with the Alpine Bad Boy DIPA. Unfortunately, there is no information about this brew on their website.

Does anyone have an all-grain recipe for this tasty brew?

Nope. That's a new one on me but someone else here might have an idea on a clone recipe for it. I'd call them up and ask to speak with their brew master and ask them about the grain bill and hops schedule in percentages and addition times. Many modern day craft brewers got their starts in home brewing, and many still consider a cloned beer an homage to their work.

If they aren't dicks about it, they might give you the recipe (and you might have to scale it down for home brewing) if you ask nicely. Call and let them know you're a home brewer and would just like some advice on the right grain bill or the hops they use in it. Tell them your "buddies" bet that you couldn't brew a beer every bit as good as "Alpine Bad Boy," their favorite DIPA.

Latest posts

Back