Dutch Oven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
We took my daughter camping last weekend and had a blast, so I'm all excited to go some more this summer. This was the first time we'd gone since she was born.

So, the other day I went to Harbor Freight and bought a cast iron Dutch Oven. I'm pretty excited to use it - anyone else ever use one?

I've got 2!.......never used them though ;-(

I've also got 2 cast iron skillets that I love

I got all of the CI stuff for free though so thats good.....and I really do want to learn how to use the ovens

good luck!

take it easy

Ive been thinking about getting one for camping. I just picked up a set of CI skillets for camping. Will break them in on Mem day weekend.

Dutch ovens are cool. I actually use mine on the stovetop for deep fat frying because it holds heat so well.

Ryanh1801 said:
Nothing is better than Dutch oven cobbler over a camp fire.

Super easy, Super fast recepie:

into 1 Dutch Oven put (in order):
Giant can of peaches (or several smaller ones)
healthy amount of sugar
healthy amound of cinnamon
Generous amount of bisquick

Mix roughly, just to get the bisquick moist with the peach juice

Into the fire; check occasionally if not done in 30-45 min

It's ready when the top is a moist, cake-like layer - may or may not brown.

Enjoy,
Focus

1. dutch oven
Blowing hard ass wind under the covers several times and building up stench while your old lady is brushing her teeth and getting ready for bed, then when she gets into bed, pull the covers over her head and yell "Dutch Oven" and let her enjoy the stench of your ass gas for at least 30 seconds.

This is the first thing I thought of

Got another recipe for ya, similar though,

Giant can of cherries
Lots of sugar
1 chocolate cake mix box.

In reality you can use any fruit and any type of bread/cake mix. Tons of sugar is a requirement and other spices are a plus.

Just remember than tin foil or your going to spend a day cleaning the thing.

Latest posts

Back