Miller Lite vs. Bud Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does the Homebrewing population like Miller Lite or Bud Light better?

• Bud Light

• Miller Lite

Results are only viewable after voting.
oh but yes, id much rather drink Pabst or Milwaukee's Beast before either of these choices. if im going to drink piss, it should be cheap piss. For the price of Bud Lite id rather buy Steel Reserve 211...

I have to say, going against the vote and popularity, i like a bottle of bud light. I used to drink coors light, but it started to give me headaches.

When im out though, i have gotten away from the binge drinking stage of life, and i do like a good sam adams seasonal ale, or a magic hat #9 if they have that at the resturant im at.

And where is the option for Olde English? Just asking :ban:

;)

The big question I have is this:

For those of us new to brewing, that enjoy Bud Light (and Miller Lite), but would surely welcome a much more robust flavored beer, what kind of recipes could be suggested? I know plenty of us have asked for a bud light clone and gotten our faces ripped off.. :)

I've taken suggestions from friends for sampling commercial beers to get ideas for home brews, but after making the mistake of trying Guiness in a can, aborted that plan.

What I'm looking for is something dry and crisp, not too bitter, with no traces of skunk, esters, or fusels. My commercial likeings include: Budweiser high gravity, Dos XX, Honey Brown, but all are lacking in the "take a sip and look at the bottle to admire the flavor" factor and it seems that most light commercial lagers are very similar in flavor. Perhaps I need to sample commercial ales?

I brewed this and it was popular. It will be on the summer rotation when it's 100 here in Texas; it can be completed (with filtration) in 21 days grain to glass.

75% 2-row
20% flaked rice
5% vienna

Mash 150*F. Target OG is 1.040.

60 min boil. .5oz Galena 60 (for 5 gal)

WLP840 2L starter, 50*F

Wow! Thread back from the dead! If I were starting out and was looking for some ideas, I would head over to Four Peaks Brewery or Sleepy Dog Brewery and sample the beers they offer, find something that appeals to you and start from there, Sleepy Dog was a homebrewer before going pro, maybe ask some questions about the beers and styles, learn a bit about them and enjoy the journey!

Miller Lite by far. I used to love Bud Light when I was younger. For some reason it just tasted good. I suppose my brain wasn't done growing yet, cause now I can't stand to drink that stuff. Sadly, I still prefer a Miller Genuine Draft or Miller High Life on a hot summer day over most micros. Maybe because I feel like I'm drinking water and it'll in some way hydrate me? I don't know :p

I vote PBR, very good macro beer!

The only way that I could vote on this one is to go and buy one of each (that aint gonna happen). I do remember way back when, I thought that Miller lite was not as good, we would always buy the Bud Light. Back then both of us were drinking a twelve-pack apeice every day, so we did everything on sale. Milwakees Best, Strohs, the like...

What I'm looking for is something dry and crisp, not too bitter, with no traces of skunk, esters, or fusels. All are lacking in the "take a sip and look at the bottle to admire the flavor." Perhaps I need to sample commercial ales?

You hit that one on the head! I have been home brewing for six + years and am doing what you suggested. I bought 150 bucks worth of beer from around the globe. I try one every night to give me ideas of what I would like to brew. Try a Stella Artois very crisp light, makes you look at the label every time! I am looking for the clone. I can get these at the grocery stores here in Houston area since Budweiser distributes it,.

Here clone, here clone!

There should be a place to vote for "they both taste like **** and shouldn't be considered beer". that category may exist as i'm coming in late - either way, that is my vote.

bud light or miller light? you got to be kidding me, right? both taste like piss.

Miller light over Budweiser but if its hot out and thats all you have Ill drink either ( until I get home)

I am just curious to see what the Homebrewing population thinks. Do you like Miller Lite or Bud Light better? I won't say what I like yet so I don't corrupt anyone else. :ban:

I think they both suck dead, maggot infested donkey balls & I wouldn't touch either of them. Hey, you asked what I thought, that was the 1st thing that popped into my head. Regards, GF.

ok so one dont drik lightbeer, you either drink beer or not. oh i will have a light beer. oh you will dioe in a fire! matter fo fact, kill your self. just do it. YOU XCAN DO EEETTT!! migh as well light beer drinker. look. its beer you drink it. do it right.

whatele you gonna do> drink 2% milk and eat turkey bacon? TAHT AINT BACON. !111 that is slicd turkey whick is fine i mean i Like turkey but bacon comes from a pig. thats the problem with this countyr. everybodys all screwed up on light milk turkey. oh but is better fo you.

Let me tell you something. you will die wondering and i qwill die knowig. you wanna die wishing you ahd one more slice or more bberr? not me. Ima have it right friken now monkey boy.

now MGD i s good. shutu p it is. I know I drank lots of it and will get somwe tomoorw to perove it. highlife is, well, i just odnt like it. miller light is like if al there is is light beer or fish emulsion fertilxer , drink miller light.wind blew it on mwe ans my face adsorbed it. now if its like miller light or some bber some dude made and he dont know what it is cus he didnt lable othing then you at my house. drink form the pig or you aint got a thing. no cling.

now let me tel you abotu heavy metal on piano! rockorz your soxerz t! thas ok to listen too. go youtube iron maiden piano. you wantr a blak n white guy with piano teeth.

now if its like oh here a light beer I never drank before goat head and drink it cause you never did and if you aint stfu till you do. but only the one time to says you did. this dose not applie to everything! dont do no well i mean you kno if you doin wrong, dont . maybe you dont kiil urself with fire, thjat was harsh. just burn tourself so you knwo next time.

holly crap aces hi on iano! and sears has nice tool bowes on sale. 3 day only sale so dont pissa round. masn its like tink tink tinka tinka tink tikna da da ad ad dadada dadaadd!

ok so one dont drik lightbeer, you either drink beer or not. oh i will have a light beer. oh you will dioe in a fire! matter fo fact, kill your self. just do it. YOU XCAN DO EEETTT!! migh as well light beer drinker. look. its beer you drink it. do it right.

whatele you gonna do> drink 2% milk and eat turkey bacon? TAHT AINT BACON. !111 that is slicd turkey whick is fine i mean i Like turkey but bacon comes from a pig. thats the problem with this countyr. everybodys all screwed up on light milk turkey. oh but is better fo you.

Let me tell you something. you will die wondering and i qwill die knowig. you wanna die wishing you ahd one more slice or more bberr? not me. Ima have it right friken now monkey boy.

now MGD i s good. shutu p it is. I know I drank lots of it and will get somwe tomoorw to perove it. highlife is, well, i just odnt like it. miller light is like if al there is is light beer or fish emulsion fertilxer , drink miller light.wind blew it on mwe ans my face adsorbed it. now if its like miller light or some bber some dude made and he dont know what it is cus he didnt lable othing then you at my house. drink form the pig or you aint got a thing. no cling.

now let me tel you abotu heavy metal on piano! rockorz your soxerz t! thas ok to listen too. go youtube iron maiden piano. you wantr a blak n white guy with piano teeth.

now if its like oh here a light beer I never drank before goat head and drink it cause you never did and if you aint stfu till you do. but only the one time to says you did. this dose not applie to everything! dont do no well i mean you kno if you doin wrong, dont . maybe you dont kiil urself with fire, thjat was harsh. just burn tourself so you knwo next time.

holly crap aces hi on iano! and sears has nice tool bowes on sale. 3 day only sale so dont pissa round. masn its like tink tink tinka tinka tink tikna da da ad ad dadada dadaadd!

Quoting so you can't delete when you sober up. :ban: :ban: :ban:

For the record, I would take Miller or Budlight.

You hit that one on the head! I have been home brewing for six + years and am doing what you suggested. I bought 150 bucks worth of beer from around the globe. I try one every night to give me ideas of what I would like to brew. Try a Stella Artois very crisp light, makes you look at the label every time! I am looking for the clone. I can get these at the grocery stores here in Houston area since Budweiser distributes it,.

Here clone, here clone!

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. I will pick up a sixer today and check it out.

Back