Hacker Pschorr clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, no H-P, but there's a Paulaner Hefe Weizen in the CLONE BREWS book that I think is excellent. I used the Weihenstephan yeast.

I'm going back to Germany for 2 weeks (may grow to 4 weeks) this summer. I'll have a couple for you!

I've made 3-4 batches so far this year (from CLONE BREWS) and will make another 3-4 before the summer is over....wait, it hasn't even started! I'm way ahead....maybe 5-6 more batches then....?

Preplanning can come in handy...especially when I am about the only one who drinks it (wife doesn't drink and we have no kids at home).

I would REALLY like to just take the time and sit down and write out a list of WHICH beers should be brewed for WHICH season and WHEN (which month) they need to be brewed.

For instance, Oktoberfest beer should be brewed in March.

HW is mainly a summer drink, but I drink it all year long.

Bock season in Germany is more toward the winter (Nov, I think) but should be brewed in ...? ?

I brewed a Kolsch last month that after 2 weeks in the bottle tasted a lot like a Kellerbier, but after another 2 weeks in the fridge it is no longer that way BUT tastes A LOT BETTER than a KB. I will be repeating the Kolsch again soon.

This past 4 day weekend I bottle a Weizen, transferred 2 primaries to secondaries (Weizen and a Kolsch), and made an Alt on Monday. :D

I have 6 batches bottle conditioning (including 2 batches of Czech Bud lager). And several more cases in the garage (Weizen, Bock, and Oktoberfest). :D

Bill,
Just curious...How come you brew the Oktoberfest beer in March? Are you aging it until October? Of course there's nothing wrong with drinking the Oktoberfest all year. I figure I would brew an Oktoberfest ale in mid-late August. Thanks. Cheers! :)

Oktoberfest beer is a "Marzen" beer (the month "March" in German). That's when it's brewed. It is bottled then aged until September (when the Oktoberfest starts).

I know it sounds crazy.

The original O'fest was a wedding reception and the whole town was invited.

The O'fest lasts about 15 days and ends the first Sat in October. I used to live 40 miles from Munich (Augsburg). I've been to at least 12 of them.

I lived in Germany (twice - Augsburg (4 years) and Bamberg (5 years)) for a total of 9 years. I just got back a year ago last Feb.

I am going back (business trip) in July for 2 weeks and may extend that for another 2 weeks (another business trip).

I have a recipe book Beer Captured by Tess and Mark Szamatulski. It has recipes in it for a Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest Amber Marzen and a Weisse Dark. If you want I can post them for you.

No problem HB. I'll shoot them off to you when I get home from work this afternoon. The book has recipes for extract, mini mash and all grain. I can send off any or all of them to you.

Born & HB. I just emailed the recipies to you two. It's kind of long hope it's not overkill but I didn't want to leave anything out. Let me know if you don't get it.

I have a Paulaner Heife-Weizen Clone recipe (all-grain and extract w/grain) from the latest issue of BYO that looks pretty good. Let me know if you'd like it.

2nd Street Brewery said:
I have a recipe book Beer Captured by Tess and Mark Szamatulski. It has recipes in it for a Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest Amber Marzen and a Weisse Dark. If you want I can post them for you.

Can I get the one for the Weisse Dark? AG would be best.. :mug:

Heres one that'll get you pretty close.

3.00 lb Wheat Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 42.86 %
2.00 lb Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 28.57 %
1.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 14.29 %
0.75 lb Wheat, Torrified (1.7 SRM) Grain 10.71 %
0.25 lb Aromatic Malt (26.0 SRM) Grain 3.57 %
0.75 oz Hallertauer [4.80 %] (60 min) Hops 13.2 IBU
1 Pkgs Hefeweizen Ale (White Labs #WLP300) Yeast-Wheat

Bamburg huh? Army by any chance? Little bro is over there right now with the 173rd Airborne Div. He says its quite a beautiful place and there is obviously a ton of drinking going on over there as well.

Bamburg huh? Army by any chance? Little bro is over there right now with the 173rd Airborne Div. He says its quite a beautiful place and there is obviously a ton of drinking going on over there as well.
I left in 2004 when they still had the M109A6 Paladin (155mm Self-Propelled) which is the gun I work on exclusively now.

The 173d have the M119A2 (105mm towed howitzer), I worked on them for over 10 years.

I'd be interested in this recipe too. Any way you could PM it to me?

I know that the last post was three years ago but still going to give it a shot. Can I get the recipe to this also joetownhound2@ Yahoo.com

I wish there was an HO clone, one of my favorite beers in the world, plus my favorite beer tent in Munich during Oktoberfest.

I just ordered the book which supposedly that the HP clones in it. It will be here today.

Can someone PM me the Hacker Pschorr Octoberfest Marzen clone! I am tasting this for the first time and it is amazing!

Can someone PM me the Hacker Pschorr Octoberfest Marzen clone! I am tasting this for the first time and it is amazing!

Here is the version that I brewed based on the instructions in the book:

6 gallon batch
80% efficiency

SG: 1.065
IBU: 25
Color: 9.8
ABV: 6.5

6lbs Munich II
5.5lbs Pilsner
4oz Caramunich III
2oz Biscuit
2oz Aromatic

.65oz Fuggles @ 60
.65oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh @ 60

Yeast: ECY15

Thanks for that recipe. I'm definitely making it. I really like the Paulaner Octoberfest as well and the HP Helles.

Back