Hops question: Challenger vs. Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumnerH

Reaction score
What's the flavor difference between Northern Brewer and Challenger? The latter is billed as having been bred from NB stock.

I'm planning a California Common, LHBS has challenger but no NB so I'm wondering whether it's an okay substitution or will be wildly different.

don't worry just brew with what you have, watch your AA's. I will post some characteristics of NB and Challenger tomorrow if you still have Q's... But you could easily do that your self with the HBT search engine or Google.

don't worry just brew with what you have, watch your AA's. I will post some characteristics of NB and Challenger tomorrow if you still have Q's... But you could easily do that your self with the HBT search engine or Google.

Thanks. I have all the technical and such, I'm just wondering if anyone has a subjective "they taste similar but NB is more x" or " they're pretty far apart becuase of a, b, and c" experience. Thanks again!

Back