Basement Brew Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Epic! Just wish I had more space and money. Did you build this all yourself? My hat is off to you sir!

Where did you source all the parts?

AC Beverage in Annapolis, MD. While researching remote draft systems I came across their website and noticed they were local. I gave them a call with some questions and they were extremely helpful. I took a trip to their warehouse and spent a good hour and a half asking questions, strolling through their inventory etc.

They had a 300' 16 product line going out to a pub in Boston. It was HUGE! They do many local resturants and bars as well as major venues like MLB statiums yet they never made me feel like I was wasting their time.

So I'm planing on order most if not all of equipment from them now and in the future.

They are really good people!

http://www.acbeverage.com/

Brass tower is polishing up really nicely! My plan it to keep the current summit undercounter kegerator in place and run the draft tower's trunkline into it and drill a 3" hole out the back of it where it'll connect to the Beer Python behind the cabinets. That's so I still get to keep a bit of frig space (I've learned you can never have enough) and there's not this gapping hole under the counter!

Running the Python is going to be an adventure. The stuff is not very flexible and I don't have much clearance in the column (there's a pole there). I did get some 5 & 6 product samples before hand to test. The insulation is 3/4" thick so that gives some leaway.

thats completely amazing from the first post I saw..

btw, the doors to enter the back bar aren't even. I don't know if that has been fixed but that would bug the $#!t outta me since your bar is in almost everyway absolutley frikken gorgeous.

You only have like 50 posts. Aren't you supposed to have like 1000 before you can do this level of awesome bragging?

Oh, and
moarf.jpg

Keep those pictures coming

thats completely amazing from the first post I saw..

btw, the doors to enter the back bar aren't even. I don't know if that has been fixed but that would bug the $#!t outta me since your bar is in almost everyway absolutley frikken gorgeous.
I've never noticed that. I hate you now. :)

I can probably fix that putting a nylon washer on one side

POS template for the draft tower. I need to make a real one. You don't want to have to drill more holes than you need! Wife is taking a don't-ask-don't-tell approach to this project.

IMG_0380.jpg

The blue circile is where I have a drill a 3" hole for the draft tower's trunk line to exit the Kegerator. I can't drill it out the back because then i'd have to make a 90 degree angle into the cabinets. That would be BAD for beer flow.

IMG_0381.jpg

I'm going to have to shorten this drawer by about 4" to accomodate the trunkline out of the kegerator. Elsewhere I've got 4" of clearance behind everything. I need the extra clearance here because I'm coming out the side of the Kegerator as all appliances & drawers are 22" deep.

This is where my wife's Don't-ask-don't-tell policy kicks in.

IMG_0382.jpg

Drawers where made with dovetail joints . Shows the attention to detail that went into making this bar (accept for the misaligned swing doors apparently! ;) )

IMG_0383.jpg

Is there another kegerator to supplement that one to feed all those faucets? Or is the kegerator larger than it looks in the pics?

Draft tower is polishing up nicely. It's alot of work!

I see you are using a liquid type polish. I used to use brasso but I hated the smell of it. Not that what you have done doesn't look great, but have you tried maas?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice! Just moved to my house and have an unfinished basement and now have some end goals for what needs to happen.

I totally agree. Fantastic bar.

Just ballpark, how many man hours have you put into this. Did you do all the work yourself? How about costs?

Is the bar custom or did you buy it somewhere?

Thanks!

Very, very nice setup. I imagine it looks like walking into one of those little bars in an upscale hotel. Sadly, a basement isn't an option in SoCal and I'd have to demo several walls and be down two bedrooms to achieve something like this at my house.

Back