Where do you get Oxygen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

Reaction score
I bought an Oxygenation kit from AHS recently and I dont know where to go for the O2. Any suggestions are apriciated. Thanks in advance.

hardware stores....This is what you are looking for..Bernzomatic in the red can

26792_300.jpg

The bottles need a regulator-Williams Brewing=$20.00, plus some 3/16" tubing, and a bubbler stone or wand. I plan to make a wand out of some 1/4" copper tubing with very small holes drilled near the plugged end.

The bottles need a regulator-Williams Brewing=$20.00, plus some 3/16" tubing, and a bubbler stone or wand. I plan to make a wand out of some 1/4" copper tubing with very small holes drilled near the plugged end.

He said he bought the kit...so I'm figureing that's the kit with the regulator, hoses and stone...

I agree that a wand is a great idea, I used a piece of racking cane with a small piece of hose to hold the airstone.

If you plan to rely on holes drilled in the copper tube to work as a diffusor, think again. That will make the bubble size too large and you'll waste a lot of O2 that way. I'd even suggest using disposable aquarium stones if you don't want to pony up for the stainless stones.

Those red bottles are also at HD and Lowes in the tool section near the welding equipment.

Latest posts

Back