A little bit of (im)patience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ah Damn. My first brew in 6 months is only a week and in the primary and the sample is so good my impatient ass is so tempted just to filter and keg 5 of the 10 gallons. sigh.

The upside of 10g batches is that you can transfer half of it early when you are "dry" and let the rest age as normal. Downside is you are more tempted to do so.

What is a guy with no homebrew to drink to do? :(

A week in the primary? If it tastes good now, imagine what it will be like in six weeks. Consider this your penance for not brewing enough. Wait at least four weeks and live on Budweiser until then. You'll never come up short again.

Fingers said:
A week in the primary? If it tastes good now, imagine what it will be like in six weeks. Consider this your penance for not brewing enough. Wait at least four weeks and live on Budweiser until then. You'll never come up short again.

Budweiser?! That them is fighting words. ;) Never I say! Never! (Unless you hand me one while tubing down the canal in Penticton in the 40 Celcius heat. But I'll still ***** about it...lol)

Well technically I was probably breaking some sort of law but since I've never been able to find a copy of a provincial or federal law in Canada regarding how much we can legally brew, so I'm not sure. I was around 300 Gallons as of last July.

Really though I was out of town a lot and then winter hit and I brew outdoors.

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Ah Damn. My first brew in 6 months is only a week and in the primary and the sample is so good my impatient ass is so tempted just to filter and keg 5 of the 10 gallons. sigh.

The upside of 10g batches is that you can transfer half of it early when you are "dry" and let the rest age as normal. Downside is you are more tempted to do so.

What is a guy with no homebrew to drink to do? :(

Dare I say to the guy with 2,810 posts to buy inspiration beer?

Just sayin.....

Back