Homebrew for Hunger 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to be there. It's the weekend after the PE (Principals and Practice of Engineering) Exam. I'll need a beer after that.

I thought about contributing to this year's event but 4 gallons of beer seemed like a lot to me... especially when 2 gallons is required for judged beers. Do they have 20 judges?

I'll pay the entrance fee and drink other people's beer though! It's a great cause.

I thought about contributing to this year's event but 4 gallons of beer seemed like a lot to me... especially when 2 gallons is required for judged beers. Do they have 20 judges?

I'll pay the entrance fee and drink other people's beer though! It's a great cause.

Thats my complaint, no competition is worth 4 gallons of beer. Breweries don't even send that much to GABF!!!

I think the idea is that everyone attending the event is going to be walking around trying the homebrews. I would be thrilled about making a couple 10 gallon batches and having them availab,e for judging and the public, but unfortunately with the PE exam just two days before I cant have the distraction in prepping for that.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I think the idea is that everyone attending the event is going to be walking around trying the homebrews. I would be thrilled about making a couple 10 gallon batches and having them availab,e for judging and the public, but unfortunately with the PE exam just two days before I cant have the distraction in prepping for that.

That is it exactly.. it is to raise money and get people to try new things. It is not really for the competition. Essentially it is a small beer festival with homebrew.

Personally, I am generous with my beer, and I am interested in what everyone thinks, not just beer judges.

Back