NE Louisiana Needs a Homebrew Club!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleben113

Reaction score
No matter how big or how small, we need something down here to bring all of the local homebrewers together. I know there aren't tons of us in NELA but I know y'all are out there. Let's get together to brew up some tasty brews, or just drink some! I'm always down for both and I know I'm not the only one.

Well y'all let me know what you think and I look forward to hearing from you.

-Matt

I was hoping you would be! That makes three including my brew buddy, Brent, dday81 and me.

Who else around here wants to be involved?

Start one, I'm with the Mash Monsters in Shreveport, we can give you some tips.

MaltMunchingMashMonsters.com

That would be great! Thanks a lot. I plan on trying to meet with my small group for the first time coming up soon

Hey guys Im from Monroe and I live and work at Tin Roof Brewery in Baton Rouge. I have brewed a couple beers. Lets get together and drink a few

That's awesome! I just visited Tin Roof a couple of months ago. When are you coming into town?

Moving to Bossier city 1st of may. Are there any homebrew supply stores? Would like to get as much info about clubs as well? Do you have any contact information?

Moving to Bossier city 1st of may. Are there any homebrew supply stores? Would like to get as much info about clubs as well? Do you have any contact information?

Glad to hear you're moving down here. I only know of one store here in Monroe that sells some homebrew supplies but I can't say for sure in Bossier.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area but Bossier City is right across the river from Shreveport. There is a homebrew club there that call themselves the Malt Munching Mash Monsters I think.

I'm not sure if my homebrew club is going to come to fruition but I think the one in Shreveport is pretty solid, closer too.

If you ever find yourself around Monroe, shoot me a pm and we can brew or drink or both!

Cheers

Thanks was looking at there web site , but there isn't anything on calender coming up. Job I have will take up most of my time plus moving into an apartment so won't be able to brew big batches like I normally do. Have purchased a couple kits to take with me.

If your looking for supply shops there it's beer slayer in grand cane which is like 20 mins south of shreveport

Hey finally made it back to Monroe for a couple months. Which store in Monroe sells the homebrew supplies? Also do you know which bar has the widest selection of taps?

Hey i finally made it to Monroe for a couple months. Do you know which bar in Monroe has the largest selection of taps? Also where do you get your homebrew supplies in town?

Ar12 said:
Hey i finally made it to Monroe for a couple months. Do you know which bar in Monroe has the largest selection of taps? Also where do you get your homebrew supplies in town?

I get some supplies from Tonore's wine cellar on Louisville but their selection is pretty limited.

Shanigans has a decent tap selection and I think Daq's does too. Enoch's has the best beer selection but only 3 are on tap.

If you ever want a drinking buddy or brewing buddy, give me a holler

Yea that sounds great. Would you want to meet tonight for a beer and talk about a good day to brew a beer? Thanks for the tip about tenores. I was hoping to find milled grain bc i do not have a malt mill

Trying to revive an old thread here. I just started brewing, but if you guys are interested I will be willing to organize such an effort. Any interest?

The Malt Munching Mash monsters in shreveport would be more than willing to help get you guys off the ground. Let know if y'all need help.

Thanks for the help! I am sure I will have some questions as I start to get things put together.

Back