Odd 3 Gallon Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Anybody bought one of the odd 3 gallon kegs off ebay?

They have a compression fitting instead of a post connector for the liquid out. I think they were used for some kind of syrup.

I wonder if a regular liquid post would fit them?

ea40_1.JPG

It looks like the male flare will thread off probably exposing a regular keg post thread. I'd feel better using that connection for gas since you can always use a valve to stop the flow.

It looks like the male flare will thread off probably exposing a regular keg post thread. I'd feel better using that connection for gas since you can always use a valve to stop the flow.

Are the threads the same size on both side on a "regular" cornie?

I seem to remember they are different, I have not had the posts off any lately.

The threads are the same, but the OD of the actual posts are different by like 1/64". In any case, I'm sure you can work with that keg. I wouldn't pay more than $50 a piece.

The threads are the same, but the OD of the actual posts are different by like 1/64". In any case, I'm sure you can work with that keg. I wouldn't pay more than $50 a piece.

He is selling one at a time. The last one I bid on sold for about $85 + $20 shipping.

I can get the regular 3 gallons for about $30 more, new.

Back