The Glory of a Second Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchiest

Reaction score
SWMBO found a free local fridge on freecycle about a week ago, and it's in perfect shape. Tonight I finally got to see it in action. It's just the right size to fit two 6gal carboys inside, and the temp is locked in the mid 60s. It's a thing of beauty to see those puppies in there, and I'm getting excited to start cranking out the brews again. Now I just need a third fridge...

Locked in the mid 60's??? Around here we would call that a heater! I can't wait until it warms up and I can stop using a space heater to keep my fermentor at 70. Congrats on the fridge. If you want to save some money on electricity send me your carboys...my basement is 54 right now!

We're about to have a heat wave here in Texas. Gonna get into the 80s around these parts, and south Texas is going to hit the 100s. I know, it's insane. So yeah, the fridge is necessary! In the depths of winter (all two months of it) I can keep extra carboys outside, but for summertime I'll be limited to just two in the fridge, although I could probably get away with having secondaries in the spare bathroom.

Torchiest said:
SWMBO found a free local fridge on freecycle about a week ago, and it's in perfect shape. Tonight I finally got to see it in action. It's just the right size to fit two 6gal carboys inside, and the temp is locked in the mid 60s. It's a thing of beauty to see those puppies in there, and I'm getting excited to start cranking out the brews again. Now I just need a third fridge...

I got a third fridge about three weeks ago from SWMBO's parents, after they bought a new one. I think fridge collecting might become my new hobby. Now I just need a mini-fridge kegerator...

Our fridge has started to leak from the ice maker when it is not making ice. This morning SWMBO walked into the kitchen all groggy from sleep and stepped in a puddle of cold water. She told me its time to buy a new fridge and move that one to the garage for beer!

Far be it from me to disobey SWMBO! :mug:

mr_goodwrench said:
Our fridge has started to leak from the ice maker when it is not making ice. This morning SWMBO walked into the kitchen all groggy from sleep and stepped in a puddle of cold water. She told me its time to buy a new fridge and move that one to the garage for beer!

Far be it from me to disobey SWMBO! :mug:

I don't think there has ever been a more appropriate occasion for "yes, dear." :)

Back