Advice for making a stand to hold a Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHammer16

Reaction score
I just finished modifying a 15.5 gallon sanke to a boil kettle. The turkey frier burner and stand are not beefy enough or wide enough to support the kettle safely. I do not have any welding equipment nor the experiance to use it. Is there a weldless alternative? Has any one been in the boat i'm in?

If you're needing to use steel, drill and bolt a cube together to fit around your turkey frier burner stand. I've seen many 3-tier setups made out of 2x4's too.

Good luck,
Wild

AHammer16 said:
I just finished modifying a 15.5 gallon sanke to a boil kettle. The turkey frier burner and stand are not beefy enough or wide enough to support the kettle safely. I do not have any welding equipment nor the experiance to use it. Is there a weldless alternative? Has any one been in the boat i'm in?

You sure the stand won't hold the weight?
If it does, you can use a round charcoal grill grate, just set it over the burner. Its what I do right now. Works like a charm.

I use modular industrial shelving from Lowe's. I like the grill grate idea as I'm reconfiguring for the new ring burner and need something that won't block the outer edge of the ring.

You sure the stand won't hold the weight?
If it does, you can use a round charcoal grill grate, just set it over the burner. Its what I do right now. Works like a charm.

could you please take a picture of this?

Back