What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Coff. Beer soon. Started snowing here about an hour and a half ago. Already sticking. And coming down even harder.

Line at NEBCO for Fuzzy Baby Ducks. Keep in mind doors opened at 3. Heard the first person got there at 10:30. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 hours before opening:
View attachment 238264

Then **** got real. Line out to the street. ****ing stupids. I cannot laugh any harder at these people.
View attachment 238265
View attachment 238266

Last Coff of the morning.

opened at 3? lined up for a IPA Really? wow this industry and customers are getting retarded

Anyone ever have their trades held at a FedEx Office location? I am considering having my two inbounds held tomorrow since I will likely be work for 13 hours. I don't have anyone to bring it inside at delivery and we have a forecast high of +9F.

Fingers crossed that FedEx works well. I've not had anything held pre-delivery like that with them, so I can't say.

Coughey

Sumatra coffee in the morning and some for a breakfast stout this weekend.
So many different opinions on adding coffee, anyone want to chime in,this is going to be my first time adding it to a beer.
I've brewed a coffee stout at least once a year (sometimes twice) for 19 years. I've tried just about every permutation for coffee additions. I would either add the grounds in a nylon hop bag at flameout while whirlpooling/chilling or just after primary fermentation (in that order of preference). I found those to generate the best coffee character. Least favorite results have been from cold brewed concentrate and adding last 5 minutes of boil. The former came across as artificial coffee flavor (even though I cold brewed the concentrate myself in a Toddy system). The latter took a couple months for the bitterness to tone down (although it was then very drinkable and won the Novelty category at the 95 Dixie Cup and is probably still in the Cat's Meow database if it still exists).

Line at NEBCO for Fuzzy Baby Ducks. Keep in mind doors opened at 3. Heard the first person got there at 10:30. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 hours before opening:
View attachment 238264

Then **** got real. Line out to the street. ****ing stupids. I cannot laugh any harder at these people.
View attachment 238265
View attachment 238266

Last Coff of the morning.

From the pictures you are taking, it looks like you are at the front of the line :D

I used to enjoy lining up for special releases. We'd share beers and play poker and it was fun. Now I have a 1yo and a 2yo, so I don't have any free time, let alone enough to wait 3hrs for beer. Oh well.

Thanks to a HBT tipster, I did walk into a store that had BCS early and walked out with a nice score within about 45 seconds, so that was cool :D

From the pictures you are taking, it looks like you are at the front of the line :D

I used to enjoy lining up for special releases. We'd share beers and play poker and it was fun. Now I have a 1yo and a 2yo, so I don't have any free time, let alone enough to wait 3hrs for beer. Oh well.

Thanks to a HBT tipster, I did walk into a store that had BCS early and walked out with a nice score within about 45 seconds, so that was cool :D

Negative - NEBCO's page has those pics.

I don't enjoy waiting for beer whether that meant poker, jumping jacks, playing darts, throwing a football, eating the world's greatest hamburger...you get the point. If I am waiting for something, I keep my mouth shut and don't boast about working stocking the shelves at the beer store [guy behind me wouldn't shut up last time]. I'm also not one of the short, hipster nerds that shows-up to NEBCO with Cantillon sweaters on to show how much of a beer geek I am.

It's time for a beer. Ran out of room in the fridge so the growlers are all on the front porch. It's plenty cold enough. D

opened at 3? lined up for a IPA Really? wow this industry and customers are getting retarded

IMO, FBD is the fourth-best IPA NEBCO makes. The word "Citra" pops, so I think that's what gets a lot of the geeks. It's also a rare beer due to the lack of availability of Citra in some cases. Like I said, here's my order of NEBCO IPAs from best to worst:

Gandhi-Bot & Sea Hag
Fat Ten-er #2 (awesome DIPA)
Supernaut (single-hop Mosaic)
Galaxy (single-hop Galaxy)
Coriolis (single-hop Nelson Sauvin)
FBD (single-hop Citra)

The base for each of the single-hop beers they make is likely the same. They taste very, very similar.

Negative - NEBCO's page has those pics.

No $hit, but I liked picturing you driving down there just to snap pictures of them to make fun of them on HBT, lol.

I don't enjoy waiting for beer whether that meant poker, jumping jacks, playing darts, throwing a football, eating the world's greatest hamburger...you get the point.

Not sure I follow you. You do, or don't wait in line for beer? ;)

I'm also not one of the short, hipster nerds that shows-up to NEBCO with Cantillon sweaters on to show how much of a beer geek I am.

Can definitely agree with you here, these people deserve berrypunches, assuming they have the necessary equipment to receive said berrypunches

I've been to NEBCO twice where I've had to wait. First time was last Thanksgiving eve when they unexpected dropped some kind of stout. The other was on Monday. Waited about 25 min in total and didn't know they had FBD on. I just went there to get Gandhi and Hag. The people in line began to talk about how NEBCO posted FBD was available on their FB page not too far before they opened. So, I figured I may as well get some of it as I hadn't tried it before.

Look, I get that we all love beer. But what annoys me more than anything are the types of people that wait in line (obviously not every single person is a *********), the **** they talk about in line and then the ridiculousness surrounding beer releases. All that hype for FBD and it's not a beer I would go out of my way to find - EVER.

Sounds like you need more kegs and/or more time to brew;)

I
only have 5 functional kegs as #6 needs replacement posts to convert it back to pin lock, and 2 of the 5 are for cleaning the keg lines.

I have a 2013 Deluxe. It rocks. Makes my 1972 International Cadet behind the garage jealous.

I wish I had a new one, but certainly enjoy drinking beers and playing with tools attempting to fix stuff haha

Coffee #2. I gotta decide what beers to pick up today.

I think I am going to take a day off from buying beer today.

Drinking a coke cause I am too lazy to make coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've brewed a coffee stout at least once a year (sometimes twice) for 19 years. I've tried just about every permutation for coffee additions. I would either add the grounds in a nylon hop bag at flameout while whirlpooling/chilling or just after primary fermentation (in that order of preference). I found those to generate the best coffee character. Least favorite results have been from cold brewed concentrate and adding last 5 minutes of boil. The former came across as artificial coffee flavor (even though I cold brewed the concentrate myself in a Toddy system). The latter took a couple months for the bitterness to tone down (although it was then very drinkable and won the Novelty category at the 95 Dixie Cup and is probably still in the Cat's Meow database if it still exists).

Have you tried a hop stand type of thing? When I did it I partially chilled the wort down to the 195-205 degree optimal coffee brewing temperature. Seemed to be less of a harsh/bitter boiled coffee flavor.

Coffee. Bummed that I'm up too up oh wells. Wish it would stop raining.

Could be worse. Snowing here. Looks purdy, but its too darn early for this mess. And I know I have no room to complain about early snow.

Water, with lunch

Is it worth $12 a bottle?

i'd say 'maybe to no'.

It is really close to BCCBS in flavor and those are only $5 each (at least they were last year). Tweak is double the alcohol and quite boozy right now, so might be worth grabbing one and holding it for a year or two if you see it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to grab some. I was in Boulder for work and stopped by Avery on my way out of town.

On the coffee at work.

i'd say 'maybe to no'.

It is really close to BCCBS in flavor and those are only $5 each (at least they were last year). Tweak is double the alcohol and quite boozy right now, so might be worth grabbing one and holding it for a year or two if you see it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to grab some. I was in Boulder for work and stopped by Avery on my way out of town.

On the coffee at work.

That is a little disappointing. So would you say what you had on tap was better than this bottle release?

Coffee-

people are leaving work early due to the snow, co workers are freaking out over driving one town over... maybe 3 miles.

im driving 35 miles over a mountain- bare foot with no heat, up hill both ways... well maybe not but its funny to listen to people freak out over the snow

You've never been to CT, have you? Worst drivers in the universe. Good thing I'm home all day. ****ing roads must be ape**** with crazy motherfloccers.

That is a little disappointing. So would you say what you had on tap was better than this bottle release?

Don't get me wrong. Tweak is a great beer, it's about the same in the bottle as on draft. I would just rather spend $5 on BC coffee and get the same taste / flavor as $12 on Tweak. The extra alcohol in Tweak isn't worth the $7.

On the water at work.

Back