Wiring a Love controller help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FDillon00

Reaction score
Please help me feel better about hacking at my refrigerator's wiring to set up my new fermentation chamber. I have a Love TSS2-2100 controller. Here is my fridge's wiring.

Fridge Compartment
306-fridge-compartment.jpg

Freezer Compartment
307-freezer-compartment.jpg

Machine Compartment
308-machine-compartment.jpg

The Ladder Schematic says "Line-Black" "Ground-GRN/YEL" and "Neutral- Lt. Blue"

So the way I see it I'll make the following connections

Lt Blue to Love pin #4 via an in-line take off.

Black (the one going into the "Cold Controller") to Love pins #5, #7, #10

Orange (from "Cold Controller") to Love pin #8

Finally I am looking for a way to control the freezer temp also. My plan is to drop the "Fridge" temp to ferment a lager, then bottle lager and condition in the bottle in the freezer while I raise the fridge so I can ferment ales.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I'm using the same controller.

Does your fridge have a power plug that goes to an electrical receptacle? if so you should use that.
Or what I did was wire the Love controller using a Heavy Gauge Appliance rated (check the ratings for your fridge on power up) extension cord that I cut in half. The male side of the plug was able to go to the wall and the female side received the fridges power plug. The two cut ends are what you wire into the love controller. You will also need to jump the power over to another terminal to power the love controller. I will try to remember or look up which exact terminals they are. Hope that helps.

I have the same controller. Its been a while since I wired mine up but it looks like you have it correct. There no need to wire the black to pin 10 if you are not planning on running another switchable device. Are you planing on putting a heater in the fridge as well?

Grimm- I an looking to install the controller in the door and just interrupt the fridge's cold control, I would like the light on if I open the door and the Love is off. Plus I like the pro look of it.

Rockytoptim- I ran the wires in case I would need it later, and I was more looking for a way to run a second probe and wires into the freezer so I can bottle condition a lager in there. However if that can't be setup I'll still have the option of a heater.

I did just go with what I had and it works great, testing now and door install tomorrow hopefully. Pictures up when I get done. Thanks again.

ahh i see, I did it the way i described because I didn't want to alter the freezer, I was just looking to control it. I mounted mine in the collar of my keezer for that same clean look. Plus i have no light to worry about.

Well I think you are on the right track, and i imagine the 2nd probe should work fine.

Latest posts

Back